Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what wrong with Barclays?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: what wrong with Barclays?

You could have 10 people at the same address and it won't result in an account ending up on your CR's.....

Everyone's SS# number is different and will not link to someone else especially in the same house 

You would have a better chance of winning the powerball.......

Something is not right...Fishy IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 17
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Yes there is something not right but Nothing fishy at all. I stand right behind her when she doing it. I watched all informations she put it in ! I saw instant approval from Barclays. My combined CL are crazy high. And 100% available. My income is maybe 10 to 20 times or more higher than you. I shared this information because that's weir thing I never see it before. 

Message 12 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JustinNguyen wrote:

Yes there is something not right but Nothing fishy at all. I stand right behind her when she doing it. I watched all informations she put it in ! I saw instant approval from Barclays. My combined CL are crazy high. And 100% available. My income is maybe 10 to 20 times or more higher than you. I shared this information because that's weir thing I never see it before. 

You mean her right?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@JustinNguyen wrote:

You mean her right?

i think that's what he meant, MJ Smiley Happy

justin...i would still try resolving this with barclays...since they couldn't find you on their system, i would ask if faxing them a copy of your report to prove it's not your account will result in them removing that account on your CRs. if they don't budge i would file a complaint with the CBs Smiley Happy gl and keep us posted

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 14 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The best way to deal with this situation is going straight to the source. Contact Barclays, have your cousin nearby just in case they can find her information in the system and with your CR's in hand. Each CR will list the account number /identifier that you can give to Barclays so they can trace the account information. This will NOT be the actual credit card account number.

From there you should be able to unravel this extremely odd occurrence. Different names and social security numbers should not have crossed at all.
Message 15 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You need to play the lottery. By comparison, you already hit the more unlikely, lol. 

If you win, can I have 1%?

Message 16 of 17
JustinNguyen
Contributor

Update. I called TU dispute about it. I asked them is any different name beside my name. They said yes, after they verified my infornation and removed her name out of my TU report.I didn't really know when her name got in there and who reported it

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.