Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats 10/10 chase

tag
alboto
Regular Contributor

whats 10/10 chase

I see people talking about 10/10 chase and Im wondering what exactly it is, someone explain it to me. I have checkin/savings account with chase and the freedom, so I wanted to know about this.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: whats 10/10 chase

I was about to ask the same thing.  I have a checking/savings and now Freedom card with them.  I was going to close my savings account with them and move it to Schwab where I do my main banking, but I may leave it there if it helps get me a Chase Sapphire Preferred in 6 months when I go for the app.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 2 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I think this was the best thread on it:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/CSP-Freedom-Checking-Use-wisely/m-p/1355519

        
Message 3 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I once had the same dilema b/c of the 10/10, do I leave Schwab completely and make Chase my primary bank? I decided to keep Schwab as my primary bank because of their customer service, free checks, and no ATM fees ever!! I PC'd from Freedom to a CSP however, I still maintain a Chase account and use my debit card. The 10/10 helps you accumulate points faster that can be used in Ultimate Rewards. 

Message 4 of 9
alboto
Regular Contributor

Thanks @revelate

Message 5 of 9
bribro
Valued Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I once had the same dilema b/c of the 10/10, do I leave Schwab completely and make Chase my primary bank? I decided to keep Schwab as my primary bank because of their customer service, free checks, and no ATM fees ever!! I PC'd from Freedom to a CSP however, I still maintain a Chase account and use my debit card. The 10/10 helps you accumulate points faster that can be used in Ultimate Rewards. 

I'm confused. Why did you forfeit the 10/10 on your Freedom card by switching to CSP (thus also forfeiting the amazing sign-up bonus)?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

The APR on my Freedom was too high and they refused to increase it. At the time, I did not purchase gas so having the card was not worth it to me. I can always get a Freedom card, its the easiest Chase card to obtain. However, its much difficult to get a CSP so I jumped at the opportunity.

Message 7 of 9
bribro
Valued Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

The APR on my Freedom was too high and they refused to increase it. At the time, I did not purchase gas so having the card was not worth it to me. I can always get a Freedom card, its the easiest Chase card to obtain. However, its much difficult to get a CSP so I jumped at the opportunity.

I'm guessing you meant decrease in regards to your APR. What's the connection between the Freedom card and gas? Did they use to give a year-round bonus for gas purchases?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 9
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Yes, I meant decrease. You can get cash back on gas during ceratin months.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.