New Visitor
sgtdavalos

whats a backdoor # ?

What's a backdoor number ?
Frequent Contributor
treski

Re: whats a backdoor # ?

Numbers you can call to recon your credit apps, or just generally get customer service.

NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Valued Contributor
Scamp

They're direct lines to CCC's Credit Underwriting Departments and people with actual decision-making, action-taking powers ('credit analysts', they're usually called), as opposed to front-line CSR's.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

how often does the backdoor number thread get updated?  i don't want to have to wade through pages of numbers to find 6 that don't work.

(don't get me wrong, i really appreciate that someone posted these in the first place.  i just think maybe one master list that gets updated would work better, maybe.)

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

laz98 wrote:

how often does the backdoor number thread get updated?  i don't want to have to wade through pages of numbers to find 6 that don't work.

(don't get me wrong, i really appreciate that someone posted these in the first place.  i just think maybe one master list that gets updated would work better, maybe.)

It doesn't. The member who started it isn't even active here any more. :smileysad: It just grows and grows and grows.

I've thought about trying to clean it up, which would involve calling all the numbers to see if they work, and the going back and finding all the other numbers for that bank and striking them through, but then I remember than I really do need a root canal, and I go do that instead. :smileytongue:

If you're looking for a particular bank, I would start at the end and work backwards.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}