Established Member
_123_

whats harder to obtain?

a line of credit for $2500 or a credit card for $2500 ?

i have a fico of 630

which is easier to obtain with my credit union since i am rebuilding my credit

( i dont want to waste an inquiry)

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: whats harder to obtain?

[ Edited ]

if they are a conservative CU, depending on overall profile both may be slightly out of reach at a 2.5k CL level with current score, otherwise perhaps cc would be easier to get.

At NFCU for eg. a cc would generally be more accessible than LOC FWIU, YMMV.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup

Re: whats harder to obtain?

You might consider walking into the CU and talking with one of their customer gurus.  Bring in a copy of your CR and tell them what you're looking for.  Build a personal relationship with the staff there and think long-term.  They may be able to give you a pretty good idea of what will work best for you.

If they don't seem helpful, perhaps try another CU. 

From your other post, I see that you have a 7 yr old BK.

Our CU has given us a $10K CC and a LOC of about the same amount.  They pulled DH's EXperian, which was about 695.  Major difference was that the interest rate on the LOC was about 12% and the CC is about 8% - plus the CC has cash back rewards.

Hope that's helpful!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}