Established Member

whats harder to obtain?

a line of credit for $2500 or a credit card for $2500 ?

i have a fico of 630

which is easier to obtain with my credit union since i am rebuilding my credit

( i dont want to waste an inquiry)

Senior Contributor

Re: whats harder to obtain?

[ Edited ]

if they are a conservative CU, depending on overall profile both may be slightly out of reach at a 2.5k CL level with current score, otherwise perhaps cc would be easier to get.

At NFCU for eg. a cc would generally be more accessible than LOC FWIU, YMMV.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Moderator Emeritus

Re: whats harder to obtain?

You might consider walking into the CU and talking with one of their customer gurus.  Bring in a copy of your CR and tell them what you're looking for.  Build a personal relationship with the staff there and think long-term.  They may be able to give you a pretty good idea of what will work best for you.

If they don't seem helpful, perhaps try another CU. 

From your other post, I see that you have a 7 yr old BK.

Our CU has given us a $10K CC and a LOC of about the same amount.  They pulled DH's EXperian, which was about 695.  Major difference was that the interest rate on the LOC was about 12% and the CC is about 8% - plus the CC has cash back rewards.

Hope that's helpful!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.