Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats my next move people??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats my next move people??

first off thank u for reading i just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the help and input..... im 22 now i started with my first cap one mc with a 300cl wen i just turn 21.....since then i have gotten a cli to 500$ and got apporved for a quicksilverone with the same limit a secured discover with 200cl... and barclay rewards being my highest limit at 1500!!!...(i also had a secured 1000 limit cc from my bank but closed it recently becuz i got approved for the barclay and no longer needed secured card) and just 2 weeks ago purchased a car all on my own(no cosigner needed) 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊 so im here today to ask what card should i apply for now ????? my oldest card is about a year old.... my utl is around 30% now wasnt gonna apply until its under 20%i really dont want 2 cap one cards and want a higher limit but they jus refuse to give me one evn tho i never had a late payment .... can i get any recomendations on which cards i would possibly qualify for??? i would really like chase but doubt theyll approve me or boa maybe???? thank u in advance
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: whats my next move people??

Are your current cards limiting your day-to-day spend habits?  Ok, so your oldest CC is about a year old but what is your overall AAoA?  FICO scores?  Inquiries?  What kind of rewards system are you thinking of (points, cash, etc.)?  As far as utilization, it seems to be within the ideal range (lower would be optimal).

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more Capital One cards? Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

aaoa 8mnths
fico score 640
inq 12 (most being from my auto loan)
and mainly i want a card with lower interest mine is currently 24.99😑
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening, positive account history.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

not this week!!! lol no im just kidding but no im over cap one i just want a new decent card and close one of them out ( its not reporting to my credit report is the main reason i dnt want it) i tried callin mulitiple times about it NEVER been resolved the card is 11 momths old
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well......are you eligible for NFCU?
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

no unfortunately
Message 8 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
no unfortunately

Then do as Nixon suggested, gardening and build your history to consider better approval options down the road.  You can be Nixon's garden buddy Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not much in the way of major credit cards open to you now  UNLESS one of your parents has impeccable credit and little debt add can add you on to a card that is no more than 4 years old as an au. Intro capital one cards will only grow so much then you have to apply for a higher level card like Quicksilver or Venture. You have the Barclays which is a decent starting limit.  

Just chill for a couple of months and let the accounts age. Is the Q1 on credit steps? If so see what the cli will be. Keep your util under 30% before your statements close.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.