Did you mean: 

whats wrong w me!!

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: whats wrong w me!!

@SnackTrader wrote:
@Anonymous

Ok - I believe you about the BT. But please (and this goes to everyone reading), be careful about new accounts and carrying balances. Remember, one month interest or one BT likely outweighs multiple months of rewards. Plus, it is widely considered risky behavior for a reason, it is a difficult cycle to break without significant discipline.

Amen to that!

That said, I'm a hypocrit. I just put 40% total util across 6 new-ish cards that are still 0% for 10 to 14 more months. 

Let's see who dares AA me. Smiley Very Happy

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 21 of 26
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@NJTurnpike wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:
@Anonymous

Ok - I believe you about the BT. But please (and this goes to everyone reading), be careful about new accounts and carrying balances. Remember, one month interest or one BT likely outweighs multiple months of rewards. Plus, it is widely considered risky behavior for a reason, it is a difficult cycle to break without significant discipline.

Amen to that!

That said, I'm a hypocrit. I just put 40% total util across 6 new-ish cards that are still 0% for 10 to 14 more months. 

Let's see who dares AA me. Smiley Very Happy

HaHA!!! this is so bad, i just got approved for the Marriott card along with BofA MC, Citi, and WF (which i closed) in the past 3 months and i am still eyeing the US Bank Flex Perks (but i know i will probably get denied cuz of 6 INQ in the last 3 months). US bank is know to be very inquiry sensitive.Going to control myself because i probably put my 3x CLI on my BCP due up on June 1st in jeopardy now.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 22 of 26
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditScholar wrote:

@dddfresh wrote:

I just applied for the Discover IT card because MYFICO decides to shove it in my face and its all over the hockey game thats on right now. I decided to apply online and they said it needed to be reviewed, but I could call to expedite the process. SO i did and they asked why i had a million inquires and i wanted to tell them because I am a junkie, but he approved it for $1500 and i balance transfered $500 over to it. 

But seriously, I just got Amex Green, B of A 1-2-3, Wal Mart, Barclays Apple, this month...and chase southwest, freedom, two navy fed cards, and im probably forgetting something else or three.

I think I have "prime cards" and coming from First Premier Bank before I found this fourm, I should be estatic (and i have been) for getting any of these cards.

Why do i keep applying!?

Lack of self-disicipline is a likely answer.

+1

Message 23 of 26
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Disco IT  dddfresh!

There's nothing really "wrong" with you, you just have the itch.  And it sounds like it's bad.   Your best bet is to freeze your reports as mentioned.  Then, not only do you have to really think about what you're applying for, you have to pay a fee (in most cases) to remove the freeze even temporarily.   It really slows down the apping in a big way.

It sounds like you have some good prime cards.  Icing your CRs could be your best move for now.  It will allow your current primes to grow and become established and you'll notice the itch is fading too (it forces you to wait to apply, letting the itch subside).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 24 of 26
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

...because I am a junkie...Smiley LOL

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 25 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats!
Now garden and grow your CL!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.