Reply
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007

when do CCs report to the CRAs

[ Edited ]
hey guys, when do credit cards companies report to the CRA's? I know each company report at different times, so can we come up with a list of when each credit card company report? thanks reason being, i called citibank and the reps (spoke to 2) did not know when they report. HSBC CHASE CITIBANK AMERICAN EXPRESS WAMU DISCOVER ETC Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:18 PM

Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:19 PM
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs



oracles wrote:
hey guys, when do credit cards companies report to the CRA's? I know each company report at different times, so can we come up with a list of when each credit card company report? thanks reason being, i called citibank and the reps (spoke to 2) did not know when they report. HSBC CHASE CITIBANK AMERICAN EXPRESS WAMU DISCOVER ETC Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:18 PM

Message Edited by oracles on 07-02-2008 09:19 PM

We can't make such a list because it's different for everyone.  The vast majority of CCCs report on or around each statement date.  A notable exception is HSBC, which reports on the last business day of the month.  Amex reports the statement balance, but they report about a month behind.
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

thanks cheddar, did not know that, so for my citibank, is it around my statement date?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,115
Registered: ‎04-01-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

Mine (Sears MC and Home Depot store, both Citi) do.

Generally, whatever amount is reported on your statement is the figure reported to the CRA's, and they generally send it out that night or the next day. As to when the CRA's get around to posting it, that's another story.

Store cards can be a little wacky. They might not update if there isn't a balance. This certainly isn't true of all store cards, but it happens enough that it's worth paying them before the statement drops to avoid the hassle.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Regular Contributor
BGMWPD320
Posts: 126
Registered: ‎06-24-2008

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

I wish I knew when Chase reported so I could watch for that score increase due to them deleting my only late.  The letter stated up to 30 days but I think they already reported for June on my CRs.  Does that mean I'll have to wait until they report for July?
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

sorry, not to beat a dead horse, but just for clarification, if the statement date is june 5th, that is when they report to the CRA?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs



BGMWPD320 wrote:
I wish I knew when Chase reported so I could watch for that score increase due to them deleting my only late.  The letter stated up to 30 days but I think they already reported for June on my CRs.  Does that mean I'll have to wait until they report for July?


Not necessarily.  Even though their monthly updating schedule is on the statement date, sometimes creditors will send a one-time intra-cycle update for special situations like deleting lates or reporting a CLI.
 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs



oracles wrote:
sorry, not to beat a dead horse, but just for clarification, if the statement date is june 5th, that is when they report to the CRA?

Yes, that's right, and they will report the balance on that statement.  (This is assuming that they will report for you the same way they report for virtually everyone else.)

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs

thanks cheddar, so i guess i should look at all my statements dates for my cc and that is when they will report.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Posts: 6,794
Registered: ‎09-29-2007

Re: when do CCs report to the CRAs



oracles wrote:
thanks cheddar, so i guess i should look at all my statements dates for my cc and that is when they will report.

Yes, most likely  Except for HSBC, as I mentioned above.

 
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+