Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does BOA reports?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

when does BOA reports?

When does boa reports? Normally they used to report after the statement cut. Today I have checked my ChaseID report and balance is showing, statment is not due to cut until 23 rd of this month.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: when does BOA reports?

concorduser wrote:
When does boa reports? Normally they used to report after the statement cut. Today I have checked my ChaseID report and balance is showing, statment is not due to cut until 23 rd of this month.

Has anything changed on your account?  If there are changes such as CLI's or shifting of CL's between multiple cards, they report those kinds of things as they occur.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

No. Nothing changed except the charges. I am going to pay off the balance today and see when it gets updated.  I thought they always report after the statement cuts. This is new for me BOA doing this.
Message 3 of 7
Scamp
Valued Contributor

concorduser wrote:
No. Nothing changed except the charges. I am going to pay off the balance today and see when it gets updated.  I thought they always report after the statement cuts. This is new for me BOA doing this.

New to me, too, then - sorry I can't be more help!  Might want to call them and ask what's up.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

concorduser wrote:

Just checked, my account reported on the statement date. I agree with SG13, give them a call!

Edit: On second thought it might not be BOA at all; it's probably the credit card agency. I noticed TU may sometimes take anywhere from 2wks-2mos to report an update. And EQ, I have spent more time in the past 3 months trying to fix a mistake made by them than building my credit history!! They are useless! Smiley Mad

Message Edited by ocheosa on 08-03-2008 08:13 AM
[4/24] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1-2%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 3, TU 2. AoOA=15.8y, AoYA=8m.
TCL $678.5K: Personal $562.5K, Business $116K.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My new BOA card (no statement yet, first payment date is 09/25), was reported soon after opening to all 3 credit agencies with a 1.5 CL. I got a CLI to 3K and then they reported that.  Yesterday, all 3 reported a $1540.00 balance on the card (this was for a BT I did last Saturday). My other card also reported at least 3 and probably 4 times last month. They did a mid cycle report showing a $20.00 balance, a week later it was reporting zero again.  I think BOA just reports willy nilly.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 09-19-2008 05:36 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me they always report the day the statement is cut and my statement balance is reflected as early as the next day.  They also report if anything changes, product change, CLI, etc.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 09-19-2008 08:37 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.