Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does BofA report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

when does BofA report?

I know I've seen this before, but my search-fu is failing me.

(hey mods--would there be any point to having a sticky with faqs about the most popular cards/banks?)

So, I had a 700 dollar charge that was pending FOREVER on my bofa card. Of course it finally hit my statement on the day the statement cut. So instead of the nice little <10 % balance I wanted to report, I'm reporting like 40% util, annoying, but not the end of the world.

My question is, do they report to the bureaus on the statement day, or at the end of the month? I know I read someone was an exception, I just can't remember who.

thanks!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: when does BofA report?

HSBC is the exception.  They report the balance on the last day of the month, not the statement balance.

BofA has had reporting issues lately.  Generally, they will report the statement date a few days after it posts.  The exception to BofA is the fact that they will also update if something changes on your account - like a CLI.

I believe most people have who have seen an update in June noticed this about a week after their normal update date.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks whirled. Do you think it would make a difference if I go ahead and pay today, then? (statement dropped yesterday)
Message 3 of 5
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, unless you're planning on asking for a CLI before the next statement drops.

Sorry!

Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know on my online account on the left for payment summary it will say closing date. I know they report that on that date of the month to the CRA according to TC.

Message Edited by JDeans on 06-17-2008 08:04 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.