cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does discover CLI button come up?

tag
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Re: when does discover CLI button come up?

DH got that same message but also got a auto CLI the following month. Not sure why, I figure it had to be becuase he tried the broke button becuase he hasnt got a increase in 4 yrs and all of a sudden he got one shortly after getting the same message.  He is going to try it again in a few months lol!

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 11 of 25
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Mine has said that for 18 months LOL

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 12 of 25
omoa
Valued Member

Mine has said that for 3 years now. I call and they simply deny me with no SP or HP. One rep talked about lack of history with the current limit. I explained that at a limit of only 750.00, the card is a tad useless, nicely mind you. I have tried using it, leaving a balance, paying it in full to no avail. So it stays in my SD. It's ok, Barclay loves me!

Message 13 of 25
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@xerostatus wrote:

I've had my Discover It for 1 year now, and mine still says that. And no luck in trying to nudge em for a SP cli, either. Or a APR reduction. Discover reaaally thinks very low of me, despite my credit score basically jumping almost 100 pts since i first applied (and was approved) for their card. *shrug, they stick me in low-limit-hell, I bury them under a mountain of socks.. 

Exactly the same here too. I was recently almost led to believe (Once Again) that they were about to do a CLI. No Request button over a year until this past week when it said "we are currently processing a credit line increase for this account" BS!! Bahh! Today that same page reverted back to what it's always said in you must call in we are sorry Blah Blah Blah. No matter though, Citi just took a look at their limit and actually DID do a CLI for that entire amount and via a (SP) for good measure.

Needless to say, both Discover & Crap1 toy limit BuyPower WEMC are out of commision resting nicely in the SD. Grrrr!

Message 14 of 25
lsutigers
Contributor

I have always gotten the same message, but after about 8 months I asked for a cli though the chat option (this was my 3rd attempt) she asked how much I was requesting I asked to double my 1500 limit, she came back and said I was approved!
Message 15 of 25
jakemod1
Regular Contributor

Discover definitely likes to see a good amount of usage. I started with 6k when I opened the account back in January 2013. I'm now at $14,500. I've taken advantage of BTs, 5% categories, ShopDiscover, and charged anywhere from a couple dollars to a couple thousand.

I think regardless of how low your CL is with them, you should still try to use it. Why should they give you a CLI if you don't even use the card? As always, YMMV, but I think you have a better chance of getting a CLI if you use the card more often. Just my 2 cents.
Discover IT: $20,5k | Chase Freedom: $5k | CSP: $7k | Amex BCE: $25k | BofA Cash Rewards: $12,4k | Citi DC: $8,4k | Cap1 QS: $6k | Commence: $11k | US Bank Cash+: $8k | Macy's Amex $5k | Kohl's: $3k
Message 16 of 25
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I've always had that same message since my opened my Disc IT in June, but exactly after 3 months or Sept -- that message is gone and it takes me to the CLI page.  The phone option is still extinct

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm happy i closed my Discover iT card....Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 25
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I have been able to get the sp option through the phone for the past month but each time it is declined, some about lack of usage with current limit. Probably because it is my lowest and I haven't used it in a while. But I am now putting all spending on it to get the limit it.
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 19 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I had this message  for the first 6 months (before it changed to the 3 months interval for CLI requests) but when the luv button actually came up it took another 9 months for me to get the first successful result out of it.  Patience with Discover is needed. Good luck !

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.