Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does discover double cash end?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when does discover double cash end?

ugh so here's my thing. i know i will 60-70% be declined but if 5 days from now really is the last day for new customers then rather i get declined or don't try i won't have it either way. so i guess i have to try in a day or two...
Message 31 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had luck getting the Double Cashback on an existing card? I've tried online chat and calling in via phone and was told both times it's only available for new card members. 

Message 32 of 128
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ugh so here's my thing. i know i will 60-70% be declined but if 5 days from now really is the last day for new customers then rather i get declined or don't try i won't have it either way. so i guess i have to try in a day or two...

Up to you.  My profile supported an approval, all clean, but a lot of new accounts.   If you want it as a keeper, maybe wait?

Signature needs updating
Message 33 of 128
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone had luck getting the Double Cashback on an existing card? I've tried online chat and calling in via phone and was told both times it's only available for new card members. 

They stopped offering it to existing customers the latter part of June.

Signature needs updating
Message 34 of 128
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not one to "push" somebody into applying for a card, but in this case it seems like the risk of 'burning' a HP is worth it; at least that's what I told myself.  Unless you're planning on getting a mortgage in the near future, I don't see much harm in trying, and I see quite a bit you could possibly gain (in rewards).

Of course, only you know what's right for you... Smiley Wink

Just my 2¢.

Message 35 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah and i don't need my credit for anything in the next 4-6 months anyway. only thing i can see me using it for is to do a joint loan with my fiancé to pay the remaining of one of her auto loans off. it's a smaller amount so approval shouldn't be an issue. never been denied for a loan before...

so my next question is: when to do it? i owe $680 on amex (limit is $2k)
i owe $500 or less on my nfcu (limit is $5k)
i owe $450 on my amazon store card (limit is $3,500)
my other cards have nothing on them, which leaves a total of $9,900 open on those cards alone. utilization overall is 7%

i was gonna pay about $200 on my amazon and $200 on my amex but i don't think they'll report in time (amex maybe idk the due date is the 4th)

so does it make sense to pay first? or would it even make a difference at this point?
Message 36 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

wait sorry. not $9,900 but $11,400 available on the cards not having any balances. my mistake.
Message 37 of 128
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
wait sorry. not $9,900 but $11,400 available on the cards not having any balances. my mistake.

I'm currently showing around $4K in revolving balances and I was OK.  I still don't know the terms, but it told me I was approved.

I also would have preferred to have waited a bit, since I'll have everything PIF again the first part of September, but I didn't want to take a chance of missing out completely on the double cash back.  Of course, I might end up with a $500 SL at 23%, but at least I'll have the rewards... LOL

Message 38 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol true. i am no stranger to making 4-5 payments a month. i used to PIF every friday when i was only using one card.
Message 39 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

so should i wait until after i pay or go for it..
Message 40 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.