Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when does discover double cash end?

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: when does discover double cash end?

@Anonymous wrote:
it's for everyone if you don't have poopy credit lol. i will call tonight and ask. i called this morning and the lady said the system was down but they're open until midnight so i will call around 22:00

I didn't get a message about an alternate offer, so I guess mine is OK, but I still think it sucks that you don't get the double cash. 

It would be like Capital One saying, "OK, we'll let you have a QuickSilver, but there won't be any cash back..." (to the best of my knowledge this doesn't happen).  I guess I just don't understand how it lessens Discover's liability by removing your double cash promo... it just doesn't make sense, darn it!  Smiley Mad

Message 61 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah that's what i wanna know what further risk is involved with giving me that and not? if anything not having it will leave me to SD the card until next year.
Message 62 of 128
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
it's for everyone if you don't have poopy credit lol. i will call tonight and ask. i called this morning and the lady said the system was down but they're open until midnight so i will call around 22:00

I didn't get a message about an alternate offer, so I guess mine is OK, but I still think it sucks that you don't get the double cash. 

It would be like Capital One saying, "OK, we'll let you have a QuickSilver, but there won't be any cash back..." (to the best of my knowledge this doesn't happen).  I guess I just don't understand how it lessens Discover's liability by removing your double cash promo... it just doesn't make sense, darn it!  Smiley Mad

I guess that, while it doesn't look like one, the double cash is really just an addition to an account, in the same way a 0% APR period, or a signing bonus, or an APR rate is.  And Discover often has a variety of such offers you can choose from.    And apparently they have one which doesn't include the double!

It obviously does reduce liability a little.   If 2011XTERROR defaulted after the first year, they would have paid 2x cashback + whatever the chargeoff, instead of 1x cashback and the chargeoff.

But I agree, just sounds a little mean.

Message 63 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i defaulted and didn't redeem then they aren't out the cash back at all. just my purchase amount. and that's a risk for any unsecured card.
Message 64 of 128
freshprince32
Valued Member

That is mean...What were your scores?

exp:684
eq:686
tu:718

Message 65 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't get discouraged yet. When I applied for Discover I was not approved for the promo I applied for...turns out they were talking about the 0% interest offer.  I still got the double cash back offer though. Why don't you give them a call and see if you still get the double cash back? I haven't heard of any new account holders not getting the double cash back offer.  

Message 66 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

it specifically said no to the double cash as well. will call in a moment
Message 67 of 128
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't get discouraged yet. When I applied for Discover I was not approved for the promo I applied for...turns out they were talking about the 0% interest offer.  I still got the double cash back offer though. Why don't you give them a call and see if you still get the double cash back? I haven't heard of any new account holders not getting the double cash back offer.  

2011XTERROR, I hope this is the case for you.  For those of us who PIF, the 0% APR isn't that big of a deal anyway, but the double-cash would be nice.  Please let us know how it works out for you; it will help my feelings a bit regarding Discover if they at least let you in on the double-cash!

Message 68 of 128
Anonymous
Not applicable

well dumb. the lady from this number (888) 676-3695 said they were open until midnight so i call (22:27 central time, so it's not midnight anywhere in the U.S.) and it says it's closed. well poop. better luck tomorrow. doubt i should call the normal line huh...
Message 69 of 128
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if i defaulted and didn't redeem then they aren't out the cash back at all. just my purchase amount. and that's a risk for any unsecured card.

I think they assume you are cunning enough to redeem before defaulting!

Message 70 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.