Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is a good time to apply for 2nd NFCU card

tag
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

when is a good time to apply for 2nd NFCU card

I was approved in January for cashRewards for $500, but I jumped the gun a little too early and was perhaps a little scared, lol, and asked for CLI just before my 3rd statement, I only asked for $2000, it was approved with a HP....I also have navchek for $500....

My question is when is a good time to apply for nRewards?

TIA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: when is a good time to apply for 2nd NFCU card

@alinoapa wrote:

I was approved in January for cashRewards for $500, but I jumped the gun a little too early and was perhaps a little scared, lol, and asked for CLI just before my 3rd statement, I only asked for $2000, it was approved with a HP....I also have navchek for $500....

My question is when is a good time to apply for nRewards?

TIA

they have really been strict lately about getting a 2nd card.... if you are a month or two out from your last CLI you could apply now... if declined you send a secure message online asking if they will move $1k from your current card over to open the 2nd card.

I would also CLI your navcheck to $15k around 6 months.

Message 2 of 4
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Thanks CreditAddict....waiting is hard, lol..but I know I can,I know I canSmiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

Spreading CL over multiple cards dilutes total exposure.

IMO It is generally preferable to work on growing a single NFCU cc product to get as close to the 50K max

unless there is a specific reason would rather have an additional card.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.