Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when should I apply for freedom? Update... I applied

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: when should I apply for freedom? Update... I applied

F*** yeah! I'm totally stoked for you! What limit did you get if you don't mine my asking?!?
WOW! So glad this forum is here!!!!!!

Just remember that the person you spoke with to get you approved deemed you creditworthy!
Some tips:
1. AlWAYS stay under 30% util., but try to stay less than 10%.
2. ALWAYS PAY ON TIME!
3. GROW your credit lines.
4. MINIMIZE interest cost if you carry a balance... Don't forget to throw yout creditors a couple of bucks in interest to keep 'em happy; credit is a mutually beneficial business transaction afterall.
5. And whatever else you wanna add in there!!!

Building my credit is fun, and it's a great way to improve my life and future prospects!

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 27
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

congrats man. 

breed them well. 

look at your pms jc! just a little tip. 

and as for salary. does that mean your am for manager? or do you mean salary as your gross income? 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 22 of 27
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
F*** yeah! I'm totally stoked for you! What limit did you get if you don't mine my asking?!?
WOW! So glad this forum is here!!!!!!

Just remember that the person you spoke with to get you approved deemed you creditworthy!
Some tips:
1. AlWAYS stay under 30% util., but try to stay less than 10%.
2. ALWAYS PAY ON TIME!
3. GROW your credit lines.
4. MINIMIZE interest cost if you carry a balance... Don't forget to throw yout creditors a couple of bucks in interest to keep 'em happy; credit is a mutually beneficial business transaction afterall.
5. And whatever else you wanna add in there!!!

Building my credit is fun, and it's a great way to improve my life and future prospects!

:-)

thanks man! I was pumped! I was just glad to get into a prime card that can grow and I don't have to worry about upgrading or AFs   It's a nice feeling. 

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 23 of 27
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Congrats, glad you got the card you wanted. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 24 of 27
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

congrats man. 

breed them well. 

look at your pms jc! just a little tip. 

and as for salary. does that mean your am for manager? or do you mean salary as your gross income? 

thanks for pm man, I'll try that. I actually went to another bank for a financial consultant job. 

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTG jcstarkey. See, you took control and it worked! Congrats!!!!

Message 26 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yw!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.