Established Contributor
jcstarkey8826

when should I try?

I'm wanting to try for a pre approved offer with someone like DCU, NFCU, etc. or anyone else that might start me off with 1k or more. This will be in two months and obviously I wont app with my util above 20%  or anything like that.

I added my Kays card in august, my WM and chase card were added in september. Im wanting to try and get pre approved with someone around February or March. My oldest CC will be 14 months of perfect history and the rest with about 6 months of history. 7 years SL payments with perfect history, no CAs, no judgments, but I have 2 PAID COs from 5 years ago.  AAOA is 3yrs.

How long should I let these cards age? I want to go in with the best chance of a pre approval. Last time I pulled my score it was around 680, that was with about 45% util.

Any suggestions on trying to break the toy limit barrier? Im growing my GE card, but charter one wouldnt raise and im not messing with another HP to be shut down.

In my wallet: GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL, Charter One Platinum Rewards 500 CL, Chase Freedom 800 CL, Wal Mart Discover Card 6300 CL, Kay Jewelers 3000 CL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+