Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can I find a good 0%?

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: where can I find a good 0%?

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
GE has a regluar visa or mc with 0% or they back lowes and HD? I have several GE backed accounts and always been happy. . Paypal sc, carcare and carecredit

Lowes is backed by GE.

HD is by Citi.

You can check with those independent contractors to see if they have any financing available as well. Some of them do use products backed by GE or some bank.

For example, Wells Fargo has some home improvement loan program that a lot of independent contractors use. http://retailservices.wellsfargo.com/homeprojects.html

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 24
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

I had a roofer sales rep come out today, he said they offer wells, but the price goes up with financing and its at like 14%... and they were probably one of the biggest in town. I have a few more coming over the next few days.
Message 12 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

OP,

Do these roofers take credit card? Or are you thinking of doing cash advance or something like that with any card you get? Rates/terms are often different with things other than purchases.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 24
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Yes, but my lowest cc rate i have is currently 12.9, I have a 20k card that I could use, just trying to figure a cheaper rate. I opened like 4 or 5 accounts this year, so apping is scary... Lowes 7 years @5.99 is looking good, just have to see how their prices are. .. just filled out a form to setup an appointment.
Message 14 of 24
enharu
Super Contributor

@jgodfrey82 wrote:
@Anonymous, but my lowest cc rate i have is currently 12.9, I have a 20k card that I could use, just trying to figure a cheaper rate. I opened like 4 or 5 accounts this year, so apping is scary... Lowes 7 years @5.99 is looking good, just have to see how their prices are. .. just filled out a form to setup an appointment.

store cards or direct financing will most likely guarantee you get enough CL to pay for the roofing.

Alternatively, you can apply for a credit card with 0% promo, such as the simplicity, but financing is just 21 months and there's no guarantee they will issue you a 8-12k CL.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 15 of 24
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

A big costly project like a new roof is something that should not be charged to a credit card. It's going to cost a couple thousand dollars and I don't believe an 18 month 0% APR card is going to cut it. You need more time to pay off something like that. I would consider getting an installment loan. I know Lowes offers home project loans at low rates. I would also look into contracting companies. Some offer special financing offers as well Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

A big costly project like a new roof is something that should not be charged to a credit card.

If the payment timeline is going to be long that's true but I did charge (and PIF) a $19K kithchen remodel.

Message 17 of 24
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

A big costly project like a new roof is something that should not be charged to a credit card. It's going to cost a couple thousand dollars and I don't believe an 18 month 0% APR card is going to cut it. You need more time to pay off something like that. I would consider getting an installment loan. I know Lowes offers home project loans at low rates. I would also look into contracting companies. Some offer special financing offers as well Smiley Happy

This really depends on a person's income though. If you can get rewards in forms of CB or miles/points and get 0%, I think it could be worth it. Of course, that depends on whether that person is able to pay off before the intro period expires.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 18 of 24
Omnipotent
Regular Contributor

Barclays currently has a 24 month 0% going around which includes balanace transfers but with a 4% (?) fee.

Message 19 of 24
jgodfrey82
Regular Contributor

Thanks I wouldn't need BT, just 0% on purchase, have a link?
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.