cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where should i go from here???? apply for something new?

tag
krisg88
New Contributor

where should i go from here???? apply for something new?

ok so heres where im at.  BK discharged 1 yr 6 months ago. since then i have a auto loan with cap 1, 11450 left. 3 cards...cap 1 300 limit..no balance...hooters card 500 limit...no balance...orchard bank 700 limit 400 balance..will be paid off in 3 days...fingerhut 700 limt no balance...8 inquries...everything has been paid on time, no baddies since BK...about 7 of the BK accounts are still on my reports listed as included in BK....

when should i take the step to start dropping the subrpime cards and go for something with rewards? alot of the bigger name cards were in my BK so idk if theyll take me back. I was thinking about applying for a jareds jewelry card to help pay something and also ive read that they usually give higher limits..so that would help my scrore as well....but dont know if i should as it may help me not get approved for something better cause of new credit and more inquries?

my current ex score is 661..idk my recent trans score i think it was about 621 3 months ago...

what shoud be my next step here to keep improving my credit???

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DI
Super Contributor

Re: where should i go from here???? apply for something new?

@krisg88 wrote:

ok so heres where im at.  BK discharged 1 yr 6 months ago. since then i have a auto loan with cap 1, 11450 left. 3 cards...cap 1 300 limit..no balance...hooters card 500 limit...no balance...orchard bank 700 limit 400 balance..will be paid off in 3 days...fingerhut 700 limt no balance...8 inquries...everything has been paid on time, no baddies since BK...about 7 of the BK accounts are still on my reports listed as included in BK....

when should i take the step to start dropping the subrpime cards and go for something with rewards? alot of the bigger name cards were in my BK so idk if theyll take me back. I was thinking about applying for a jareds jewelry card to help pay something and also ive read that they usually give higher limits..so that would help my scrore as well....but dont know if i should as it may help me not get approved for something better cause of new credit and more inquries?

my current ex score is 661..idk my recent trans score i think it was about 621 3 months ago...

what shoud be my next step here to keep improving my credit???

Keep everything as is for now.  Your scores are not quite high enough yet.  Keep your utilization down, pay on time and keep oldest account opened.  Keep gardening. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: where should i go from here???? apply for something new?

@DI wrote:

Keep everything as is for nowYour scores are not quite high enough yet Keep your utilization down, pay on time and keep oldest account opened.  Keep gardening. 

+1000

If you fill this in ... we can see/tell the info easily ~

CC / Loan

Card Type

Date Opened

CL

Balance

Cap 1 Auto Loan

$11,450

Cap 1

$300

$0

Hooters

$500

$0

Orchard

$700

$400

Fingerhut

$700

$0

Inquiries

No.

CB

Date

Baddies

No.

Type

CB

Date

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.