Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whgavemecredit

tag
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

whgavemecredit

Just wondering. Where do all the posters get their EXP scores over there? If those scores are FAKOS, its not a credible research option. But it is, at the same time, an oft recommended site over here. Or is only the EXP score a FAKO and the other scores listed over there FICOs? I try to use the largest sampling of the listings on that website to guesstimate the acceptance by the CCCs but its still not reliable. Or rather, I am not confident.

Perhaps, it could be pointed out to the owner to add another column to state if the scores are FAKOs or FICOs.

Ive learnt to completely distrust the FAKOS. I mean they are not even in the ballpark.  Way way off from my FICOs. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: whgavemecredit

The problem with that site is that you also don't know all the circumstances of how they got credit. Apparently while a good FICO can lower your car loan rates, it honestly is only a tiny factor in determining a credit card application.

You can have a 750 FICO and get denied by CCC's. You can have a 630 like my frined PJ and get approved for a $2500 Citi AMEX card, when they won't give me a card and I have a 670 FICO. 

No rhyme or reason.   

Message 2 of 12
Guardian
Valued Contributor

+1 Agreed. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason and has alot to do with the creditor's subjective reasons too. On that site, last time I checked a while back, there is really no good organization so its hard to know why kind of score and so on. EX stopped selling their FICO since 2/14/2009 so that means anything coming from them after that is safe to assume its FAKO scores of their own. The other two, unless they state, you won't really know and it makes a BIG difference. A 720 FICO and 720 FAKO mean two VERY VERY different things. One is an accomplishment while the other is just a number. Smiley Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't pay much attention to the scores, I look for a pattern of acceptance/rejection. I used to have myFico scores between 770 and 780 with only 2 tl's, one of them a 14 year old closed account. With a file like that, it's understandable why I wouldn't get a shiny Harrods AmEx . Now, my scores are lower and my file is much thicker, making it a lot easier to get whatever I want (within reason. Still couldn't get a Harrods if I wanted one). And then you have to consider how 'accurate' the posters are. It sounds strange to me that someone with a 700 + score, 200k income and no derogs can't even get a Cap 1 card. As far as the fako/Fico arguement, I've seen my fako scores vary between 100 points lower and 50 points higher than myFico. Both Pappy and Guardian are correct, raw numbers don't mean much, per se. Btw, I'd love to see myFico have a similar feature to Whogavemecredit. Any chance of that, Barry?  Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
Guardian
Valued Contributor

brisdad, thanks for the shout out, your checks in the mail Smiley Tongue and on a serious note, I think the concept for whogavemecredit is great but the implementation is just simply bad, so that would be great to have a more formal and organized version of it and I hope Barry takes this on, assuming it doesn't violate some conflict of interest, and would love to contribute to that. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

We whine about setting up our own db periodically, but I think it's a Lithium problem in making it work on the forums. Can't remember; it might be nag time again.

But in general, do remember that it's only been 6 weeks since the EX FICO's went bye-bye. I'd be skeptical of any entries since then, but then, I was skeptical of earlier entries, too. There's a feeble little appeal to only give FICO's, but it's obvious that people put down any old thing they want, in any old column they want.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 12
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
We whine about setting up our own db periodically, but I think it's a Lithium problem in making it work on the forums. Can't remember; it might be nag time again.

But in general, do remember that it's only been 6 weeks since the EX FICO's went bye-bye. I'd be skeptical of any entries since then, but then, I was skeptical of earlier entries, too. There's a feeble little appeal to only give FICO's, but it's obvious that people put down any old thing they want, in any old column they want.

+1, agreed. That's my biggest complaint about whogavemecredit, you have no idea what they are putting down and it makes it entirely too unreliable, heck we even get that here on these boards. Hopefully we can setup something here. They could always setup a subdomain app and not rely on Lithium for that db and I would be happy to help Barry evaluate some solutions.

Message 7 of 12
ottergo4
Contributor

Also think in theory it's a great idea. But, just for example, looked at Chase a couple minutes ago and so far this year 13 people have left a response. I gotta believe thousands upon thousands of people have applied in almost 3 months. Not a statistician, but certainly not very representative!
Message 8 of 12
CHARGE_IT
Regular Contributor

Good point Otter. This problem exist here with most posts. When an issue is raised and fifteen people respond, by the end of the thread the assumption by many is that the subject is authentic just because fifteen people agreed. I won't make any decisions based on that.

CI

@ottergo4 wrote:
Also think in theory it's a great idea. But, just for example, looked at Chase a couple minutes ago and so far this year 13 people have left a response. I gotta believe thousands upon thousands of people have applied in almost 3 months. Not a statistician, but certainly not very representative!

Message 9 of 12
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Of course, you both have valid points. You don't/won't get everyone to share or do it correctly and if they do its not always 100% reliable as it might be shaded with other truths. However, it has been a fairly safe assumption and anecdotally shown that for the most part, issues here get resolved to the most probable and fairly reliable end.

The mods and the more experienced users tend to keep an eye on issues and make sure it does not deteriorate into unreliable or totally false information. Most of the users who have been around have learned alot, continue to learn alot and they do alot of research to make sure the information provided is as close to fact as possible.

All that being said, its ultimately the responsibility of the individual to take the information and mull it over and make an informed decision of their own. You can't ever expect to take something at face value without due diligence and not run into problems. Just my two cents for what its worth.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.