cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which AMEX should I PC to from Delta Gold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which AMEX should I PC to from Delta Gold?

I have Chase Freedom, FU and CSP and mainly fly southwest so I'm covered pretty well on cash-back and UR points.

I'm thinking of doing a PC on the Delta Gold since I don't want to pay the annual fee and also don't think I'm benefitting from racking up more Delta Skymiles.

Which Amex is the best PC for me (obviously it would have to be one that I *can* PC the DG to).

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which AMEX should I PC to from Delta Gold?

I would say that the AmEx Delta Blue would be your best bet: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card/delta-blue/

$0 AF and it's still a Delta card.  I don't think you can convert it to another co-brand or a non-co-branded card.

Message 2 of 8
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

You can only PC in the same family of cards.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Shadowfactor wrote:
You can only PC in the same family of cards.

Thats what I though as well.  So you have two options:

1. Keep the TL and PC it to a Blue card to loose the AF.  
  2. Open a new TL and move the CL away from the Delta Gold and then kill the card
  3. (BONUS) Do both and let the blue card slowly fade away into the distance.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zoomzoom557... I don't understand option 3: (BONUS) Do both and let the blue card slowly fade away into the distance.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous... I don't understand option 3: (BONUS) Do both and let the blue card slowly fade away into the distance.

@Anonymous If you wanted to migrate the available CL to another card without loosing the TL you could: (1) Open a new card, lets pretend it's a SPG, and move $9500 of your current (assuming) $10k limit on the Delta card to the SPG.  Now you have two cards a SPG with whatever your starting CL was + the $9500 you moved from the Delta.  (2) Now you PC the Delta Gold to a Delta Blue to wipe of the AF and leave it with the $500 limit in your sock drawer to collect dust bunnies and contribute to your AAoA.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zoom... got it, thanks.

Also just confirmed in chat that my only option is to change from Delta Gold to Delta Blue. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, the Blue card has the higher points earning potential.  2X on restaurants and Delta purchases.  However, Gold gives you 1st checked bag and priority boarding.  Which is more valuable is totally up to you.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.