Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which CCs look at TU for approvals?

tag
lagb
Contributor

which CCs look at TU for approvals?

I tried to find this out by searching the forum, but didn't come up with anything.  I'd like to transfer my small balances from a card with an annual fee to one without.  My TU report is better than EQ right now.  (I'm in the process of cleaning up EQ to match with the TU)

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: which CCs look at TU for approvals?

CCs that pull TU

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 14
lagb
Contributor

thanks!  I checked out the link.  It doesn't look like too many pull TU, oh well!  I'm working on getting EQ fixed, but that takes time... <<sigh>>

My scores from myfico are TU 661 (although I haven't checked since TU dropped my baddies)

EQ 676 - but I'm disputing one baddie that's been deleted from my other CRs for a while now,EQ just doesn't want to budge on this one!! Grrrr

Message 3 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you live in the Upper Midwest (say, Chicago northwards), that is TU's playground. Many of their CU's pull TU, and often national CC's. It's a left-over from when CRA's were more regional --for instance, Equifax used to "own" the Southeast, and still does in many cases.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 14
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

I am in RI and all local CU pull TU.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

discover pulls TU in NJ and from my experience in most states as well - someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Message 6 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
discover pulls TU in NJ and from my experience in most states as well - someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Not in FL. TU is a Discover backup (alternate) for softs here. They mainly pull EX.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your score is close to 700 I would have to say National City. They check TU and they tend to give out nice starting CL's.
Message 8 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If your score is close to 700 I would have to say National City. They check TU and they tend to give out nice starting CL's.

How certain is this TU pull and where does NatCity stand with the PNC takeover. Is that effecting CC's in any way yet?
Message 9 of 14
lagb
Contributor

@crosbyk1 wrote:
I am in RI and all local CU pull TU.

That's good to know... my CU is in RI!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.