Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

tag
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

@CreditScholar wrote:

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Why do you want a WEMC so badly anyways?

Probably because it's one sexy looking card.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 11 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Unless someone has a lot of money to spare, it'd be difficult for most people to justify a card with a $400-450 AF for that purpose alone.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 12 of 19
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Unless someone has a lot of money to spare, it'd be difficult for most people to justify a card with a $400-450 AF for that purpose alone.

Right, but to be fair, the OP was looking to convert the card froma WMC for free.   Now I'm still not sure why that is worth doing!  It looks to be like most of the benefits require a lot of money anyway, e.g. upgrade to biz class, but from full fare economy.  Buying full fare tickets can be quite expensive, these don't look like low-cost perks.

Message 13 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

I got to say though, that Prestige is one sexy card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@eviLution wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Right, but to be fair, the OP was looking to convert the card froma WMC for free.   Now I'm still not sure why that is worth doing!  It looks to be like most of the benefits require a lot of money anyway, e.g. upgrade to biz class, but from full fare economy.  Buying full fare tickets can be quite expensive, these don't look like low-cost perks.

There's always people who want steak on a hamburger budget.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

I got to say though, that Prestige is one sexy card.

It looks a lot nicer than most of their other cards.

One interesting thing to note is that Hilton Gold is no longer listed as a benefit of the prestige card. It was previously, but I'm guessing it has been shifted over to the Reserve card instead? Anyone with a firm idea about this?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 16 of 19
mxp114
Valued Contributor

There's no real distinction between World and World Elite besides the color of the logo. And some World cards offer more than World Elite cards do, the min package is very basic now but years ago it included a lot more. The fact that people with $2,000 limits can get World Elite pretty much says it all lol Smiley Very Happy

That Hawaiian Bank card is exclusive to residents of Hawaii and Guam, I forgot the third place. And I believe TY Preferred is also WE eligible.

Message 17 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

the world elite is shiny! Smiley Tongue

by the way, how can I get my barclays arrival converted to world elite? Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 19
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Oh wow. I looked at that Ameriprise financial World Elite card and they waive the annual fee if you add 50 thousand dollars to your brokerage account each year. Wow that is a mighty generous offer. All I have to do is come up with 50 grand that I don't need and ill save 150 dollars. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.