Contributor

which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

good afternoon myfico

I was reading lot about benefits of World Elite MasterCard and I am thinking to get one. But the AF on most of the direct apply cards are very high.

I was reading some posts here that you can convert some Citi cards to World Elite MasterCard after sometime without any AF.

So can you please recommand which cards are able to converted to World Elite MasterCard from CITI without any AF?

Also how long it takes before you can request the upgrad to World Elite MasterCard?

I don't have any credit card wtih CITI currently.

my annual income and credit scores are very good so there will no issue on getting any card approval from CITI.

Thank you

New Contributor

Re: which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

I had the CITI Dividend World Card for 2 years and I requested to have them convert to World Elite 2 months ago. Got my new WE card in the mail a few weeks ago with EMV chip and I must say it does look nice. Not sure if you can apply for a WE Dividend card online, but I would call and see if it is a possibility over the phone at least. 

Contributor

I think we can not apply for CITI Dividend World Card now. It is Visa only. not a master card.

Regular Contributor

roshan wrote:

I think we can not apply for CITI Dividend World Card now. It is Visa only. not a master card.

If that is the case then you would have to apply for the card and then wait a year to request a conversion. Dividend is the only no annual fee World Elite Mastercard I am aware of.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh and here is a link for the Ameriprise WE card if interested. This has an annual fee of $150

https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-cards-and-lending/cards/ameriprise-world-elite-mastercard.asp

This one from First Hawaiian Bank with a $75 annual fee

https://www.fhb.com/en/personal/credit-cards/priority-rewards-premier-world-elite/

Frequent Contributor

there is also a hawaiin bank world elite mastercard

here is the link

https://www.fhb.com/en/personal/credit-cards/priority-rewards-premier-world-elite/

Frequent Contributor

beat me to it. I was really tempted to apply for the hawaiian bank one since i am part hawaiian. Just havent heard much about the card at all

Contributor

I never heard about  First Hawaiian Bank. Is there customer service and cards good?

thanks

Frequent Contributor

thats what i would like to know
Valued Contributor

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Why do you want a WEMC so badly anyways?

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.