Established Contributor

Re: which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

CreditScholar wrote:

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Why do you want a WEMC so badly anyways?

Probably because it's one sexy looking card.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor

eviLution wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Unless someone has a lot of money to spare, it'd be difficult for most people to justify a card with a $400-450 AF for that purpose alone.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor

CreditScholar wrote:

eviLution wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Unless someone has a lot of money to spare, it'd be difficult for most people to justify a card with a $400-450 AF for that purpose alone.

Right, but to be fair, the OP was looking to convert the card froma WMC for free.   Now I'm still not sure why that is worth doing!  It looks to be like most of the benefits require a lot of money anyway, e.g. upgrade to biz class, but from full fare economy.  Buying full fare tickets can be quite expensive, these don't look like low-cost perks.

Super Contributor

I got to say though, that Prestige is one sexy card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor

bs6054 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

eviLution wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Right, but to be fair, the OP was looking to convert the card froma WMC for free.   Now I'm still not sure why that is worth doing!  It looks to be like most of the benefits require a lot of money anyway, e.g. upgrade to biz class, but from full fare economy.  Buying full fare tickets can be quite expensive, these don't look like low-cost perks.

There's always people who want steak on a hamburger budget.

Valued Contributor

enharu wrote:

I got to say though, that Prestige is one sexy card.

It looks a lot nicer than most of their other cards.

One interesting thing to note is that Hilton Gold is no longer listed as a benefit of the prestige card. It was previously, but I'm guessing it has been shifted over to the Reserve card instead? Anyone with a firm idea about this?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's no real distinction between World and World Elite besides the color of the logo. And some World cards offer more than World Elite cards do, the min package is very basic now but years ago it included a lot more. The fact that people with $2,000 limits can get World Elite pretty much says it all lol Smiley Very Happy

That Hawaiian Bank card is exclusive to residents of Hawaii and Guam, I forgot the third place. And I believe TY Preferred is also WE eligible.

Super Contributor

the world elite is shiny! Smiley Tongue

by the way, how can I get my barclays arrival converted to world elite? Smiley Surprised

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor

Oh wow. I looked at that Ameriprise financial World Elite card and they waive the annual fee if you add 50 thousand dollars to your brokerage account each year. Wow that is a mighty generous offer. All I have to do is come up with 50 grand that I don't need and ill save 150 dollars. 

300/21001100/13001500/25001699/2000Prepaid ,,Recent scores:FICO EX 632,EQ 635,TU 632.. If youlike this could you please give me a kudo by clicking that blue button over to the left? Thanks.Link to my Rebuild Log
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.