Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

tag
roshan
Contributor

which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

good afternoon myfico

I was reading lot about benefits of World Elite MasterCard and I am thinking to get one. But the AF on most of the direct apply cards are very high.

I was reading some posts here that you can convert some Citi cards to World Elite MasterCard after sometime without any AF.

So can you please recommand which cards are able to converted to World Elite MasterCard from CITI without any AF?

Also how long it takes before you can request the upgrad to World Elite MasterCard?

I don't have any credit card wtih CITI currently.

my annual income and credit scores are very good so there will no issue on getting any card approval from CITI.

Thank you

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
TheDjinn
New Contributor

Re: which CITI card to apply? - World Elite MasterCard

I had the CITI Dividend World Card for 2 years and I requested to have them convert to World Elite 2 months ago. Got my new WE card in the mail a few weeks ago with EMV chip and I must say it does look nice. Not sure if you can apply for a WE Dividend card online, but I would call and see if it is a possibility over the phone at least. 

Message 2 of 19
roshan
Contributor

I think we can not apply for CITI Dividend World Card now. It is Visa only. not a master card.

Message 3 of 19
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@roshan wrote:

I think we can not apply for CITI Dividend World Card now. It is Visa only. not a master card.

If that is the case then you would have to apply for the card and then wait a year to request a conversion. Dividend is the only no annual fee World Elite Mastercard I am aware of.

Message 4 of 19
TheDjinn
New Contributor

Oh and here is a link for the Ameriprise WE card if interested. This has an annual fee of $150

https://www.ameriprise.com/cash-cards-and-lending/cards/ameriprise-world-elite-mastercard.asp

This one from First Hawaiian Bank with a $75 annual fee

https://www.fhb.com/en/personal/credit-cards/priority-rewards-premier-world-elite/

Message 5 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

there is also a hawaiin bank world elite mastercard

here is the link

https://www.fhb.com/en/personal/credit-cards/priority-rewards-premier-world-elite/

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 6 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

beat me to it. I was really tempted to apply for the hawaiian bank one since i am part hawaiian. Just havent heard much about the card at all

Message 7 of 19
roshan
Contributor

I never heard about  First Hawaiian Bank. Is there customer service and cards good?

thanks

Message 8 of 19
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

thats what i would like to know
Message 9 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The only Citi cards that you can apply directly for as a WEMC are the AA Executive and Prestige.

Why do you want a WEMC so badly anyways?

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.