cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which card to use for amazon purchases.

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: which card to use for amazon purchases.

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Is redhook trying to be all upscale now they have the Ikea there too :-)

probably Lol

I wonder if you buy food at Ikea would it be considered dining?

I don't know if they differentiate the little sit down cafeteria with the rest of the store. Swedish meatballs sounds really good :-)

Darn .. Maybe I should just try it out lol 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 31 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Especially since BCP doesn't give more than 4.75% cash back in the best of circumstances. So the simple straightforward way is also the best way.

4.75% IF you only got it and use it for supermarkets.   If you also got it for uncapped 3% in department stores and gas, it can earn almost 3% there and then the full 6% on groceries!    Now getting it for gas doesn't make too much sense, but the department store might.

And the Ink card non-straightforward route is better if a) you can use UR well, and b) if you spend a lot at Amazon.  The INK cap is much higher than Sallie Mae and Cash Plus.

The issue i would have is getting ink card isn't that easy for some people.For me especially i don't think i would want to go thru the interrogation session that chase seems like to do with business accounts.  From what i hear its like the spanish inquisition i could do without that in my life 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 32 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Is redhook trying to be all upscale now they have the Ikea there too :-)

probably Lol

I wonder if you buy food at Ikea would it be considered dining?

I don't know if they differentiate the little sit down cafeteria with the rest of the store. Swedish meatballs sounds really good :-)

Darn .. Maybe I should just try it out lol 

I don't brooklyn that well but its kind of funny where Ikea is located, its kind of like middle of now where with all these abandoned buildings. 

Message 33 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

Especially since BCP doesn't give more than 4.75% cash back in the best of circumstances. So the simple straightforward way is also the best way.

4.75% IF you only got it and use it for supermarkets.   If you also got it for uncapped 3% in department stores and gas, it can earn almost 3% there and then the full 6% on groceries!    Now getting it for gas doesn't make too much sense, but the department store might.

And the Ink card non-straightforward route is better if a) you can use UR well, and b) if you spend a lot at Amazon.  The INK cap is much higher than Sallie Mae and Cash Plus.

The issue i would have is getting ink card isn't that easy for some people.For me especially i don't think i would want to go thru the interrogation session that chase seems like to do with business accounts.  From what i hear its like the spanish inquisition i could do without that in my life 

I have heard of relatively few reports of Chase actually burning people at the stake after torturing them to confess that they don't have a real business, so maybe not quite like the Spanish Inquisition!

But yes, others have problems getting the BCP or Sallie Mae,  So I was just talking in the universe of possible cards, if you can get the Ink, and spend heavily and use URs, Ink is the way to go.   

Message 34 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I have heard of relatively few reports of Chase actually burning people at the stake after torturing them to confess that they don't have a real business, so maybe not quite like the Spanish Inquisition!

But yes, others have problems getting the BCP or Sallie Mae,  So I was just talking in the universe of possible cards, if you can get the Ink, and spend heavily and use URs, Ink is the way to go.   

I wouldn't mind getting one of the ink cards ,especially if i could take advantage of an 70k singup bonus, but interrogation isn't something i like to deal with. It feels like  an amex FR plus an interrogation all bottled into one , not an fan of that. 

Message 35 of 80
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I wouldn't mind getting one of the ink cards ,especially if i could take advantage of an 70k singup bonus, but interrogation isn't something i like to deal with. It feels like  an amex FR plus an interrogation all bottled into one , not an fan of that. 

The ink has a 70k signup bonus?

Message 36 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

The ink has a 70k signup bonus?

I think thats its an targeted offer, but it out there. 

Message 37 of 80
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I would be more impressed if it wasn't only 'select department stores'. 

US Bank Cash+ can give 5% on department stores, and various cards give 5% on Gas, all without annual fees. But not everyone is willing to work on getting a Cash+, or even realize they still can even if they are outside of the US Bank business regions.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 38 of 80
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

US Bank Cash+ can give 5% on department stores, and various cards give 5% on Gas, all without annual fees. But not everyone is willing to work on getting a Cash+, or even realize they still can even if they are outside of the US Bank business regions.

I applied for the Plat and they said no i don't live in Trading area... Don't see why they wont say the same with the cash + for me 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 39 of 80
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

I think people want it but are skeptical about the phone application or maybe they are unaware of it. I want a cash + but don't want to take the HP hit. Maybe I will wait until my FA falls off and call.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 40 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.