cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which card to use for amazon purchases.

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: which card to use for amazon purchases.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

i really need to get an 5% Amazon card, running to supermarkets to buy amazon gc is kind of annoying lol. 

Unless you are lucky enough to get an offer for 5% CB on Amazon store card, GC shopping is the only way to go for 5% return. Apps to Forward was long dead.

Well, Sallie Mae is pretty good for 5%, and Cash Plus as well.   But both are capped, unlike the Forward.

Well i am not an huge amazon shopper, maybe an few times an year, so for my personal situation i think 750 an month is enough for me. I don't think i will ever top that. Talking about amazon this is an little off topic , but the people that have amazon prime do you think its worth the price ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 61 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

i really need to get an 5% Amazon card, running to supermarkets to buy amazon gc is kind of annoying lol. 

Unless you are lucky enough to get an offer for 5% CB on Amazon store card, GC shopping is the only way to go for 5% return. Apps to Forward was long dead.

Well, Sallie Mae is pretty good for 5%, and Cash Plus as well.   But both are capped, unlike the Forward.

Well i am not an huge amazon shopper, maybe an few times an year, so for my personal situation i think 750 an month is enough for me. I don't think i will ever top that. Talking about amazon this is an little off topic , but the people that have amazon prime do you think its worth the price ?

If you only shop a few times a year, probably not.  But if you frequently get stuff from there, and would like it as early as possible, then probably yes.  (And there are other benefits, such as free streaming video, which may or may not be of value).

Message 62 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

If you only shop a few times a year, probably not.  But if you frequently get stuff from there, and would like it as early as possible, then probably yes.  (And there are other benefits, such as free streaming video, which may or may not be of value).

I would say about 6-10 purchases an year from amazon, how is the movie and tv selection compared to netflx ? I would love the 2 day shipping on everything but not sure. 

Message 63 of 80
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I would say about 6-10 purchases an year from amazon, how is the movie and tv selection compared to netflx ? I would love the 2 day shipping on everything but not sure. 

Isn't it about $99 now?  So even if you do ten a year, that's about $10 extra per item for quicker shipping.   If they are big items, then that's possibly worth it, but the price difference between regular shipping and prime  is often much less than that.

The free prime selection isn't huge, but haven't had netflix for a long time, so can't compare.

Message 64 of 80
H14
Contributor

Hadn't heard that. Also hoping not of course.

Message 65 of 80
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

If you are not a big shopper, but know someone who is a Prime member, they can add your account to their 2-day shipping part of Prime. I think its 4 people can share the free 2 day shipping benefit. Since I dont care too much about the other benefits, I share my Prime with a friend, we do a60/40 split on the cost since I am just using the shipping. We don't see each others information or orders or anything like that, its just linked through the email address on your account. 

Message 66 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lonelyisland wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

If you are not a big shopper, but know someone who is a Prime member, they can add your account to their 2-day shipping part of Prime. I think its 4 people can share the free 2 day shipping benefit. Since I dont care too much about the other benefits, I share my Prime with a friend, we do a60/40 split on the cost since I am just using the shipping. We don't see each others information or orders or anything like that, its just linked through the email address on your account. 

hmm thats interesting i am going to ask around to see who has an amazon prime account they would want to let me borrow for an slight fee :-)

Message 67 of 80
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

YES!

Amazon prime you get free 2 day shipping , Prime Music ( Not great but you get a selection of music for free to listen to), Prime Instant Video which is like Netflix but a little bit worse, Kindle lending library which lets you borrow a book if you own a Kindle or Amazon's Fire phone.  Amazon prime is $99  or $8.25 a month and is cheaper then Netflix new pice of $8.99 a month and 25 cents more then netflix but you get a lot more. I shop everything at  amazon which makes it worthwhile  

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 68 of 80
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

YES!

Amazon prime you get free 2 day shipping , Prime Music ( Not great but you get a selection of music for free to listen to), Prime Instant Video which is like Netflix but a little bit worse, Kindle lending library which lets you borrow a book if you own a Kindle or Amazon's Fire phone.  Amazon prime is $99  or $8.25 a month and is cheaper then Netflix new pice of $8.99 a month and 25 cents more then netflix but you get a lot more. I shop everything at  amazon which makes it worthwhile  

I don't have netflix either i dropped them few months ago because selection of movies and tv shows wasn't that great. I will have to look more into features of amazon prime and see the selection of shows. 

Message 69 of 80
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I link my AMEX card to Amazon and use my AMEX points on Amazon to make purchases for $0 out of pocket.

Message 70 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.