Regular Contributor
anderl

which cc's/cl's can i get w/current Fico's of EQ662 and TU686?

Hello Fico Forum-would like to know which cc's can I get w/my current Fico's of EQ662 ,TU686, and EX660(fako) and the following info. On my CR:Length of credit history-6yrs,AAoA-2yrs.10mnths.,Collections-0,Negative info:1 paid charge off$684-falling off June 2011,1 paid tax lien $584-falling off Octm2012,1 paid judgement$12,000(yes 12 thousand,unemployed w/cc debt=disaster!) Falling off April2010. Also last time delinquent was over 3 yrs. Ago from $684 charge off. I have 3accs in good standing-1 secured WelllsFargo Visa w/1500CL,1Premiere unsecured MC w/250 CL(both of these accs open since 5/09),and 1 closed MC in 2004. I have joine NFCU this week,and my goal is to wait a few months and apply for both the Visa and Mastercard. I have 2 inq. At the moment as well. I really would like to wait till my scores hit 700 and then apply for cc's w/NFCU,etc. But I am curious to know what I can get now . Also once my scores do hit 700,what other cc's could I get. I really would only like to have max. 4cc's-strong w/high in good standing
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); Amex Zync(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(10K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(6K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL).
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: which cc's/cl's can i get w/current Fico's of EQ662 and TU686?

If you have 2 or less inq's on EQ then you can try for Nordstrom Card. Even if they give you store card initially you can ask them to upgrade to Visa after 7 months. They are pretty good with CLI's and customer service. One of the best  I have seen so far. They started me with a store card with $2kCL and now I have their Visa card with $9K CL.
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

concorduser wrote:
If you have 2 or less inq's on EQ then you can try for Nordstrom Card. Even if they give you store card initially you can ask them to upgrade to Visa after 7 months. They are pretty good with CLI's and customer service. One of the best  I have seen so far. They started me with a store card with $2kCL and now I have their Visa card with $9K CL.

What do you think you need to have for a straight up app for a Nordstrom Visa card? I have no use for a store card - but the Visa is a pretty nice card to have.
Senior Contributor
score_building

[ Edited ]

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

concorduser wrote:

What do you think you need to have for a straight up app for a Nordstrom Visa card? I have no use for a store card - but the Visa is a pretty nice card to have.

for nordies visa requirements seem pretty tight 720ish/ clean reports, the store card has similar if slightly more lenient requirements.  i think concord reported little/no use on the store card b4 he was able to upgrade in short order to the visa.  a store card to visa via upgrade can be a nice opportunity for those that don't qualify for the visa right out of the box.

btw concord, is the nordies visa a separate TL/ new acct as with macy's or a true 'upgrade'?

OP- perhaps grab the navy cards and call it a day letting some derog info drop b4 more apps, unless you have other specific cards of interest.

Message Edited by score_building on 07-21-2009 12:09 AM
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+