cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which cc's/cl's can i get w/current Fico's of EQ662 and TU686?

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

which cc's/cl's can i get w/current Fico's of EQ662 and TU686?

Hello Fico Forum-would like to know which cc's can I get w/my current Fico's of EQ662 ,TU686, and EX660(fako) and the following info. On my CR:Length of credit history-6yrs,AAoA-2yrs.10mnths.,Collections-0,Negative info:1 paid charge off$684-falling off June 2011,1 paid tax lien $584-falling off Octm2012,1 paid judgement$12,000(yes 12 thousand,unemployed w/cc debt=disaster!) Falling off April2010. Also last time delinquent was over 3 yrs. Ago from $684 charge off. I have 3accs in good standing-1 secured WelllsFargo Visa w/1500CL,1Premiere unsecured MC w/250 CL(both of these accs open since 5/09),and 1 closed MC in 2004. I have joine NFCU this week,and my goal is to wait a few months and apply for both the Visa and Mastercard. I have 2 inq. At the moment as well. I really would like to wait till my scores hit 700 and then apply for cc's w/NFCU,etc. But I am curious to know what I can get now . Also once my scores do hit 700,what other cc's could I get. I really would only like to have max. 4cc's-strong w/high in good standing
Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: which cc's/cl's can i get w/current Fico's of EQ662 and TU686?

If you have 2 or less inq's on EQ then you can try for Nordstrom Card. Even if they give you store card initially you can ask them to upgrade to Visa after 7 months. They are pretty good with CLI's and customer service. One of the best  I have seen so far. They started me with a store card with $2kCL and now I have their Visa card with $9K CL.
Message 2 of 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
If you have 2 or less inq's on EQ then you can try for Nordstrom Card. Even if they give you store card initially you can ask them to upgrade to Visa after 7 months. They are pretty good with CLI's and customer service. One of the best  I have seen so far. They started me with a store card with $2kCL and now I have their Visa card with $9K CL.

What do you think you need to have for a straight up app for a Nordstrom Visa card? I have no use for a store card - but the Visa is a pretty nice card to have.
Message 3 of 4
score_building
Senior Contributor

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

concorduser wrote:

What do you think you need to have for a straight up app for a Nordstrom Visa card? I have no use for a store card - but the Visa is a pretty nice card to have.

for nordies visa requirements seem pretty tight 720ish/ clean reports, the store card has similar if slightly more lenient requirements.  i think concord reported little/no use on the store card b4 he was able to upgrade in short order to the visa.  a store card to visa via upgrade can be a nice opportunity for those that don't qualify for the visa right out of the box.

btw concord, is the nordies visa a separate TL/ new acct as with macy's or a true 'upgrade'?

OP- perhaps grab the navy cards and call it a day letting some derog info drop b4 more apps, unless you have other specific cards of interest.

Message Edited by score_building on 07-21-2009 12:09 AM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.