cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which credit card issuer uses Transunion to pull score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

which credit card issuer uses Transunion to pull score?

I have several store cards and car loans but I do not have a visa or MC. I want to get one but not sure which to apply for. My highest score is with TU at 670.

If I am going to get hit with an inquiry I really do not want a denial. I have a few lates from 4/5 years ago & a BK that is due to fall off in a year. Less than 1% usage on the current accounts. Store cards are 2 years old in November. I live in the midwest if that makes adifference

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: which credit card issuer uses Transunion to pull score?

Syncrony and Barclay's are the two major lenders that are known to use TU most of the time.   Other lenders can use it as well.  Others are kinda based on your geo location.  If you are curious what creditor's pull "possibly" where you live google credit pulls database and it will provide which lender has pulled what CRA's for a given card.  In all honestly any creditor can pull any CRA some you have an idea a bit more of than others, but nothing is ever guaranteed.

edit:  appears you changed score thought I saw 760+ or something originally..  Barclay's rewards of NFL card are the easiest to get with you TU score.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It could depend on your area, but Barclay only pulls TU as far as I know.  [edited here] You might be able to get a Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard with that score, but Barclay doesn't have a pre-approval / pre-qual screen so it'd be a cold app.

I know you weren't looking for it, but for me Discover only pulled TU (this is 100% location based, though -- many, many others report they pulled somewhere else).

Cap One pulls all three reports BUT your score's good enough to get something from them.

Message 3 of 9
baller4life
Super Contributor

+1 Barclays Rewards
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

what kind of score do I need for  Barclays?

Message 5 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

I was approved early this year with a 630 TU, OLD BK showing, and 2 collections.. .$1000 SL  . I'd say Go for Barclays..

Does CapOne show anything on their prequal page?

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not checked the prequal page yet but I think I'll do that. I am also not applying until Nov as I have a lot of inquiries falling off from my car loan 2 years ago, I thought that my help my approval chances.

EDIT: I just check the Cap1 page this is my response

L, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.
Message 7 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have not checked the prequal page yet but I think I'll do that. I am also not applying until Nov as I have a lot of inquiries falling off from my car loan 2 years ago, I thought that my help my approval chances.

EDIT: I just check the Cap1 page this is my response

L, we couldn't match your records to a card offer. But based on your answers, we think you might like this card.

If you got that response.. I would try Barclays first

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 9
noobody
Established Contributor

I got that non-match verbiage even with 800 CS.

If I were OP, I would go for both Barclay and Cap1
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.