Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which credit card to go after next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which credit card to go after next?

separate question - i opened a lot of accounts lately,  probably too many. Got a little trigger happy with the shopping cart trick, and have 3-4 I could definitely do without. Since they are new, would it help to close them out? I mostly got them to help with utilization, but i'm down to about 2k owed on 24k of credit, so closing a couple 500-750 cards wouldn't hurt a thing. I will prob pay off most of my remaining balances in the next 2 weeks.

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which credit card to go after next?

@Anonymous wrote:

separate question - i opened a lot of accounts lately,  probably too many. Got a little trigger happy with the shopping cart trick, and have 3-4 I could definitely do without. Since they are new, would it help to close them out? I mostly got them to help with utilization, but i'm down to about 2k owed on 24k of credit, so closing a couple 500-750 cards wouldn't hurt a thing. I will prob pay off most of my remaining balances in the next 2 weeks.

You already did the damage. Keep for a year and let them go.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.