cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which is harder t0 get, chase slate or sapphire?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: which is harder t0 get, chase slate or sapphire?

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Jerry45 wrote:

Sapphire by far

I really wouldn't say by far by any means.  If you can get approved for the freedom typically people go for the CSP the same day and get it..  Slate and Freedom seem to have the same U/W standards.  Who really knows unless a person works for chase in the credit dept.

The slate has more outliers because there is more slack in the process (SL can be as low as $500). The CSP requires a certain criteria be met and if it is so, then It will be approved.

Overall though, I'd say the Slate is the easier approval, period.

And the Sapphire is the easier approval at a $5,000+ SL, If that helps. Smiley Wink

Oh I agree, but we still see people with 650-660's getting approved for the CSP (although it might be a double bureau pull) ...  I think a relationship already with chase  might partially have to do with this?   Anyways, will apply Jan. for mine and expect to get approved Smiley Happy. If they pull TU deffinetly, if they pull experian well I might just sqeak bySmiley Happy

Was the OP asking about Sapphire or CSP? I thought they were two different cards?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ummm would have to re-read, but the saphire to my knowledge can no longer be obtained unless you are an existing account holder of it so only the preffered would be releaveant.

Message 12 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Fair enough. Good Point

Message 13 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info, but CK is not a good barometer. For example, their wacky system had me losing 38 points because of a $2 balance( to generate a statement), but then checked my FICO score from TU, and it 35 points higher than my CK score.

Message 14 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

That is a good site, also whogavemecredit.com

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerry45 wrote:

Thanks for the info, but CK is not a good barometer. For example, their wacky system had me losing 38 points because of a $2 balance( to generate a statement), but then checked my FICO score from TU, and it 35 points higher than my CK score.

Isn't that the truth.  MyFico TU is 88 points higher than my CK score.  

Message 16 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

I was approved for Freedom in August, Slate in October and Sapphire in October. Sapphire was a TU pull only for me, the other cards were both TU and EX. 

Message 17 of 20
sisco
Valued Member

What is 'credit pulls database'? 

Message 18 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

It shows you by State, Creditor and Bureau which institution pulls what report for different cards depending on where you live etc. 

Message 19 of 20
sisco
Valued Member

I did an internet search and cannot locate the one for my state, Missouri.  Can you lead me in a direction that I can find it?  Thanks.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.