Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which tu model does barclays use?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

which tu model does barclays use?

is it the same as the one sold here at myfico or is the one that walmart provides or the 04 model?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: which tu model does barclays use?

@rootpooty wrote:

is it the same as the one sold here at myfico or is the one that walmart provides or the 04 model?

Good question.   My most recent correspondance from them with a Transunion score actually doesn't state anywhere that it is FICO score, although I believe that it is, the range matches the FICO score range.     I'm digging around to see if I have any other FICO scores that I can match up to this.

Your Credit Score:  633

Scores range from a low of 300 to a high of 850.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
gettnthere
Established Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. I just recently got approved for the Barclay's rewards card and I'm still waiting on the card to come in. If it comes with my score I can give u a comparison between what they got and my score here on MYFICO.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 8
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I am curious to know too. My TU score in my signature was after I applied for the Apple's reward card. Fingers crossed that it is the 04 model Smiley Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

To my understanding we can't purchase the tu04 model correct? The tu98 is sold here and the tu08 can be had from Walmart? Reason I ask cause down the road I'd like to app for the ring and i realize a 680 score isn't a shoe in but I would hate to app with a 700 score and they come back with a denial cause of a lower score
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@rootpooty wrote:
To my understanding we can't purchase the tu04 model correct? The tu98 is sold here and the tu08 can be had from Walmart? Reason I ask cause down the road I'd like to app for the ring and i realize a 680 score isn't a shoe in but I would hate to app with a 700 score and they come back with a denial cause of a lower score

That's correct ~ you would have to get the TU04 score from a creditor.    Mortgage lenders almost exclusively use the FICO04 models.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Also there's a non-zero chance Barclay's will be credit card enhanced industry option anyway.

Generally speaking I think if your EQ and TU report look similar, and your EQ score here is above the typical underwriting requirement... and you have recent good history on your credit cards, you're probably going to be fine.  Certainly that's the way I'd look at it, Wallyworld TU is probably fine for this estimation too.

        
Message 7 of 8
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Also there's a non-zero chance Barclay's will be credit card enhanced industry option anyway.

Generally speaking I think if your EQ and TU report look similar, and your EQ score here is above the typical underwriting requirement... and you have recent good history on your credit cards, you're probably going to be fine.  Certainly that's the way I'd look at it, Wallyworld TU is probably fine for this estimation too.

thanks this is just for future reference. I wouldnt apply until early next year when my last baddie falls off plus this novemeber 6 inquiries fall off tu so hoping ill be over 700 plus ill have aaoa 18 mos which isnt the best but thats all i can do for now

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.