Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whih barclay cards are easiest to get?

tag
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

whih barclay cards are easiest to get?

I am thinking of applying for a barclay card next month...I have a bankruptcy almost 5 years old but have rebuilt my credit ...my credit report currenty has no lates and low utilization...I have a 695 credit score wth transunion... not sure of the other two..  I would prefer a travel card.  I was thinking of the us airways.

Which ones do you think I have the best chance with?  I have applied with them twice before and got turned down..I appled for us aways an the airtran and was denied...called for reconsideration and also denied

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: whih barclay cards are easiest to get?

as far as i have seen the apple financing visa card is probably easiest.... after a recon if you're denied/

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 25
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

thanks ...I appled for it last feb and they denied me and when i asked for a recon they also denied me...my credit report is stronger now I feel..Can you use the apple card visa for anything?  I really don't need any apple products I just want a major credit card of them..

thanks!

Message 3 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

as far as i have seen the apple financing visa card is probably easiest.... after a recon if you're denied/

+1

Don't know how BK friendly they are

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

You can use the apple card for anything, anywhere visa is accepted. No apple perks, etc. But you might want to call BEFORE you app re the BK. If they're not BK friendly, no need to waste an inq. I'd call and ask first.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:
You can use the apple card for anything, anywhere visa is accepted. No apple perks, etc. But you might want to call BEFORE you app re the BK. If they're not BK friendly, no need to waste an inq. I'd call and ask first.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 25
Juan123
Established Contributor

someone here posted that they were approved for a barclays card after a bk... AND barclays were included in there BK... so i think there BK friendly.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 7 of 25
quest208
Frequent Contributor

@LindaLu wrote:

thanks ...I appled for it last feb and they denied me and when i asked for a recon they also denied me...my credit report is stronger now I feel..Can you use the apple card visa for anything?  I really don't need any apple products I just want a major credit card of them..

thanks!

the key here is finding out why they denied you.  do you have the denial letter?  i say you shouldnt appy until you "fix" whatever issues they had with you last feb

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 8 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@quest208 wrote:

@LindaLu wrote:

thanks!

the key here is finding out why they denied you.  do you have the denial letter?  i say you shouldnt appy until you "fix" whatever issues they had with you last feb

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 25
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@LindaLu wrote:

I am thinking of applying for a barclay card next month...I have a bankruptcy almost 5 years old but have rebuilt my credit ...my credit report currenty has no lates and low utilization...I have a 695 credit score wth transunion... not sure of the other two..  I would prefer a travel card.  I was thinking of the us airways.

Which ones do you think I have the best chance with?  I have applied with them twice before and got turned down..I appled for us aways an the airtran and was denied...called for reconsideration and also denied

thanks for any help

I currently have the Barclaycard Travel Rewards card, 2 points on travel related purchases, 1 point on everything else.  It looks like the Barclaycard Rewards card.  

I've also seen others approved for Virgin and Priceline with BK younger than yours.  Do you still have IIB accounts on your credit report?    

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.