Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who'd of thought WAMU could be so aggressive... WAMU Plat Protect

tag
dizzier
Established Contributor

who'd of thought WAMU could be so aggressive... WAMU Plat Protect

background: last year i opened a wamu account and BT'ed all my cc balances to it. i had a 0% for 12 month deal. last month i BT'ed what was left to my new shiny AMEX card. in between these two events i had never (not even once) used my wamu card (and i still haven't).

well WAMU apparently REALLY wants me to use this card because in the last two weeks they have randomly given me a 1k CLI and now i got a notice that they have upgraded me to a product called WAMU Platinum Protect. Apparently this new card (on the way) comes with a crap load of benefits?

does anyone else have this WAMU Platinum Protect card? should i be excited?

ETA: i should mention that i currently have the WAMU platinum mastercard.

Message Edited by dizzier on 03-13-2008 04:50 PM

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: who'd of thought WAMU could be so aggressive

WaMu is going through scary times, and since you showed yourself to be a responsible credit user, it looks like they want to keep you.

Nice position to be in! although I'm not convinced that there will be a WaMu a whole lot longer. I'm guessing that Chase is going to swallow them up. So if nothing else, they want people like you to make themselves look attractive when it's selling time.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 15
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I dont think Wamu would sell, they seem to be doing very well.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 15
dizzier
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
WaMu is going through scary times, and since you showed yourself to be a responsible credit user, it looks like they want to keep you.

Nice position to be in! although I'm not convinced that there will be a WaMu a whole lot longer. I'm guessing that Chase is going to swallow them up. So if nothing else, they want people like you to make themselves look attractive when it's selling time.

but the strange thing is that i have never heard of a wamu platinum protect card. i even did a google search and came up with nothing. why can't i find any info?

have you even heard of this so-called card?

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

dizzier wrote: background: last year i opened a wamu account and BT'ed all my cc balances to it. i had a 0% for 12 month deal. last month i BT'ed what was left to my new shiny AMEX card. in between these two events i had never (not even once) used my wamu card (and i still haven't). well WAMU apparently REALLY wants me to use this card because in the last two weeks they have randomly given me a 1k CLI and now i got a notice that they have upgraded me to a product called WAMU Platinum Protect. Apparently this new card (on the way) comes with a crap load of benefits? does anyone else have this WAMU Platinum Protect card? should i be excited? ETA: i should mention that i currently have the WAMU platinum mastercard. Message Edited by dizzier on 03-13-2008 04:31 PM
I have pretty much the same story and got the same "upgrade" letter. Since the letter didn't explain much about what the upgrade was I called the WAMU csr's - they had no clue what it was. I then went into a branch and the branch manager called the CC dept - after her being transferred around for 15 minutes and no-one at WAMU CC Dept. having even heard of it we gave up. The branch copied the letter and is faxing it to WAMU CC , told me that they should hear back in a few days what it is. MYSTERY CARD!
Message 5 of 15
dizzier
Established Contributor

ok good it's not just me.

is it possible that wamu just launched this card?

Message 6 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@dizzier wrote:
ok good it's not just me.

is it possible that wamu just launched this card?

It's a strange one! The branch manager said she should hear back from the CC dept. by next Tuesday, so if the mystery hasn't cleared up by then I'll post what she says. When I was in the branch with the manager they transfered her to at least 5 departments, and not a single person ever heard of it. The Platinum Protect card seems to be a mystery even inside WAMU.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: who'd of thought WAMU could be so aggressive... WAMU Plat Protect

has there been an update to this??
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ngerasimatos wrote:

They're not being taken over. But for the right offer the story read they seemed a little interested I think.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 04-04-2008 01:31 PM
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:

ngerasimatos wrote:

They're not being taken over. But for the right offer the story read they seemed a little interested I think.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 04-04-2008 01:31 PM

This would be just my luck, as I just got a nice CL from them two days ago.

What WaMu giveth, WaMu's buyer taketh away.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.