Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who is FIA card services?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

who is FIA card services?

anyone know who is FIA Card Services?  just got a hard inq from them on equifax. I don't know who they are.  anyone know?

thanks

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: who is FIA card services?

Bank of America.
Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Bank of America.

I guess that explains it. it is the inq for the bankamericard reward visa that i applied for 3 days ago. was it a stand alone entity that was bought by BOA?
Message 3 of 30
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

After the acquisition of MBNA Corporation (which you probably recognize) by Bank of America, MBNA changed its name to FIA Card Services National Association. FIA Card Services is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of B of A.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
After the acquisition of MBNA Corporation (which you probably recognize) by Bank of America, MBNA changed its name to FIA Card Services National Association. FIA Card Services is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of B of A.

they should really reference BOA on the inq. How do they expect anyone to know all their subsidiaries unless one reads up on this stuff regularly. I almost disputed a legit inq.
Message 5 of 30
laz98
Senior Contributor

i guess they expect people to look it up first, to make sure it isn't fraud.
Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BankAmericard is an excellent card from BofA

I got mine in October of 2007 and I love the card.  The Rewards are ok, but the high limit is what I love the most.  Also, the available cash for is always whatever the credit limit happens to be on the card.  Every single time I have requested a credit limit increase I received one from BofA.  Please remember to never pay the card late because the lovely interest rate will shoot through the roof.

I also received an inquiry for FIA and it actually only stayed on my report for about 10 months.  It was strange, but I was not going to complain about an inquiry going away.

Please enjoy your new card!!!

TheTaxMan

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The BankAmericard is an excellent card from BofA

Thanks. I agree, the high limit is a nice. I don't plan to have high uti on the card but the limit may help offset the impact the amex charge card is having on my TU report.

@Anonymous wrote:

I got mine in October of 2007 and I love the card.  The Rewards are ok, but the high limit is what I love the most.  Also, the available cash for is always whatever the credit limit happens to be on the card.  Every single time I have requested a credit limit increase I received one from BofA.  Please remember to never pay the card late because the lovely interest rate will shoot through the roof.

I also received an inquiry for FIA and it actually only stayed on my report for about 10 months.  It was strange, but I was not going to complain about an inquiry going away.

Please enjoy your new card!!!

TheTaxMan

Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Max09 wrote:

they should really reference BOA on the inq. How do they expect anyone to know all their subsidiaries unless one reads up on this stuff regularly. I almost disputed a legit inq.

Agreed, although this is quite common.

Chase inquiries show up quite frequently as FIRST USA.  At least FIA is still a subsidiary of BofA.  First USA doesn't even exist anymore.

My WaMu account reports as WAMU/PROVIDIAN.  It never was a Providian card.  It's a WaMu card.

Juniper cards report as BARCLAY BK DE.  You'd never know it unless you also knew that Juniper is owned by Barclay.

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm a novice in this arena so please bear with me folks but I love this utility. I just received a series of via cash advance checks and am uncertain as to how and where they are to be used please advise. Thanx
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.