cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who is going for the new citi prestige offer of 75k?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: who is going for the new citi prestige offer of 75k?

@csryang wrote:

Up to you! You could also keep asking for retention bonus if you want to continue to play the game... I still think Prestige with 350 AF might be worth keeping just for its great flight dealy reimbursement policy. If you still think about letting both go, I would suggest you product changing them into no AF ones rather than closing out. Citi Dividend, Citi DC, TY Preferred or Citi Costco are some good ones if you dont already have them.

Just make sure you have some ideas on what to redeem your TY points into within 60 days of closing or product changing old accounts. If you are lazy, a new Citi Prestige benefit is that you could cash out points at 1cent per 1TY point after 7/23.

Yea I used the prestige a lot for airfare this past trip and took advantage of that 4 night feature but other than a shorter trip next month I think it will likely be another year before I do a big trip with a number of individual flights. I will probably just my ty points into my krisflyer account as I have a large balance there due to having cancelled a redemption last minute recently and having all the miles redeposited. I'm looking at it now and I think my prestige AF hits next month but it lookes like my premier was opened in Sept 2015. I have what 60 days to get the refund on the AF? If the premier signup offer is still around maybe I will app for that in Sept or is it Oct if it was opened in sept 2015? Then I will PC the prestige to double cash, maybe costco and close the old premier. The retention offer on the prestige given the current trend is not likely going to be enoy to justify me keeping the card. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 11 of 12
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: who is going for the new citi prestige offer of 75k?

@red259 wrote:

@csryang wrote:

Up to you! You could also keep asking for retention bonus if you want to continue to play the game... I still think Prestige with 350 AF might be worth keeping just for its great flight dealy reimbursement policy. If you still think about letting both go, I would suggest you product changing them into no AF ones rather than closing out. Citi Dividend, Citi DC, TY Preferred or Citi Costco are some good ones if you dont already have them.

Just make sure you have some ideas on what to redeem your TY points into within 60 days of closing or product changing old accounts. If you are lazy, a new Citi Prestige benefit is that you could cash out points at 1cent per 1TY point after 7/23.

Yea I used the prestige a lot for airfare this past trip and took advantage of that 4 night feature but other than a shorter trip next month I think it will likely be another year before I do a big trip with a number of individual flights. I will probably just my ty points into my krisflyer account as I have a large balance there due to having cancelled a redemption last minute recently and having all the miles redeposited. I'm looking at it now and I think my prestige AF hits next month but it lookes like my premier was opened in Sept 2015. I have what 60 days to get the refund on the AF? If the premier signup offer is still around maybe I will app for that in Sept or is it Oct if it was opened in sept 2015? Then I will PC the prestige to double cash, maybe costco and close the old premier. The retention offer on the prestige given the current trend is not likely going to be enoy to justify me keeping the card. 

Within 37 days from the date of your AF, you can get a full refund of the AF. After that, I believe that Citi does prorated AF refund so I think it's great (Please doublecheck on this). You have 60 days from the date of closure or product change to redeem or transfer your points. After that, they will just disappear. 

If you signed up for old Premier in Sept 2015, it's safer to signed up the new Premier in Oct 2017. I read some data point that Citi looks at the month not date to determine 24 month clock. Also, most bloggers suggest you close old Citi TY card immedately after you open a new one. That is not a safe practice until we get more data points. A safer practice is closing old card only after you receive bonus from new card:

Sept 2015: Old Premier opened.

Oct 2017:  Sign up for new Premier. 

After you sign up for new Premier AND getting the bonus, then you PC Prestige to another card to get the prorated AF refund. At the same time, you close your old Premier. Then finally, you have 60 days from that date to use up your points from Prestige and old Premier.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.