Did you mean: 

who uses only 1-3 cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: who uses only 1-3 cards

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
who else uses a very basic, 2-3 card system?

Plenty of people do.  Never base your assumptions of what reality is like solely on any discussion forum site's posts.  Discussion forums always skew data.  Most consumers only have a few cards.

@Anonymous wrote:
which ones do you find yourself using now

You need to select which cards to keep just as you'd select which new cards to apply for: use your needs/wants, spend, preferences, priorities etc to determine these things.  You can't just poll to determine these things.  We can certainly help you when it comes to evaluating but you have to determine your criteria and priorities.  Are you still looking to maximize rewards on spend?  Or do you have other priorities?

It's never efective to just randomly throw solutions at a problem and to try to see which ones work.  Polling others on which 2-3 cards they use is just asking for random solutions.

When did OP ever mention needing help with his/her credit portfolio?  Everything in this thread up until this point has been just sharing individual data points; there's been no advice asked for or given.

Message 31 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me! That's because I don't do much spending outside of my monthly expenses. However, I do try to use all of my cards at least once or twice a year to keep them active.

Message 32 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Plenty of people do.  Never base your assumptions of what reality is like solely on any discussion forum site's posts.  Discussion forums always skew data.  Most consumers only have a few cards.

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to select which cards to keep just as you'd select which new cards to apply for: use your needs/wants, spend, preferences, priorities etc to determine these things.  You can't just poll to determine these things.  We can certainly help you when it comes to evaluating but you have to determine your criteria and priorities.  Are you still looking to maximize rewards on spend?  Or do you have other priorities?

It's never efective to just randomly throw solutions at a problem and to try to see which ones work.  Polling others on which 2-3 cards they use is just asking for random solutions.

PicsArt_11-19-06.50.50.jpg

Message 33 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When did OP ever mention needing help with his/her credit portfolio?  Everything in this thread up until this point has been just sharing individual data points; there's been no advice asked for or given.

+1 I was going to say something but walked away. He wasn't looking for advise or anything.

Message 34 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

everything takeshi74 says is just general info. if i could block my threads from being seen by certain people they'd be one!
Message 35 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
everything takeshi74 says is just general info. if i could block my threads from being seen by certain people they'd be one!

Probably has those responses saved in a Word file so it is an easy copy and paste.

Message 36 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

other than a typo i have seen it seems as if it's a robot lol
Message 37 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

In answer to the actual question asked Im down to using only 2 cards per month. Ink Cash & SM. Both cover most of my regular spend needs and its easier to put the extra stuff on these two as well even if its outside a specific category.
Message 38 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barthooper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 1 major CC (Discover it) and have shown it heavy use since I got it late October & have pushed through payments to support the use. I love using it. One place I went to looked at my Mix-Tape version like it wasn't even a CC. It was so funny. I reside in Massachusetts. So far everywhere I've wanted to use the card, accepts Discover. Yay!

And then other times I just use my debit MasterCard. Smiley Happy

I know I'm boring. LOL

I ordered the mixtape design a few days ago. I can just picture a cashier/waiter doing a double take on it, haha.

Oh you're going to love using it! You will definietly get double takes if you have to hand your card over to a cashier or something. Hehe

Message 39 of 86
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

I don't see anyone asking us to make their decisions.

Mostly, I only carry my SM, QS, and Discover card (depending on categories). Since I just got the CSP, I anticipate I will only carry the SM, CSP, and sometimes Discover and just pull out the other cards as I need them.
Message 40 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.