Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who uses only 1-3 cards

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: who uses only 1-3 cards

@Anonymous wrote:
i miss mysalliemae though Smiley Sad i need to use it again when i meet that dumb spendlol i wish it just didn't look so ugly Smiley Sad

Hey now, beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I would take Sallie out in a heartbeat! 

Unfortunately, she turned me down... I was beneath her.  Smiley Sad

Message 81 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. i just feel like i am using government money ha
Message 82 of 86
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

CSP, Freedom and Amex Everyday will do for DW and me, along with Chase Explorer and Delta Platinum.

Message 83 of 86
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I think it is easier if you  are fully committed to a travel program and can take advantage of high value redemptions.   So if (as some people do) you valued an MR at 2.5c (because of how you redeem them), then just using the Amex EDP on everything gets you a minimum of 3.75% on all transactions and much more on the bonus categories, leaving you doing at least as well as most, with just a single card.   Using URs, some combination of Freedom/CSP and Ink will also leave you in good shape.

Message 84 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just wish i didn't have so many cards lol. sincerely.
Message 85 of 86
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think it is easier if you  are fully committed to a travel program and can take advantage of high value redemptions.   So if (as some people do) you valued an MR at 2.5c (because of how you redeem them), then just using the Amex EDP on everything gets you a minimum of 3.75% on all transactions and much more on the bonus categories, leaving you doing at least as well as most, with just a single card.   Using URs, some combination of Freedom/CSP and Ink will also leave you in good shape.

If I could figure out a way to value MR points as 2.5¢ I would definitely put my spending there (on one of the MR cards), but without flying I just can't figure out how to make it get there.  I know redeeming for gift cards is an option, but that seems cumbersome to me, and from what I've figured still isn't as advantageous (usually) as redeeming for airfare.

Maybe some day my circumstances will change and I'll start flying again...

Message 86 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.