Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whoohoo! approved by chase :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

whoohoo! approved by chase :)

So while shopping on amazon last night they gave me the $30 cash back offer if I signed up for the Amazon Chase Visa... sounds good to me. Received an instant approval for $1000. Anyone know which bureau Chase pulls? My scores are mid 600's (but should be a lot better as soon as a few CCC report my $0 balances). I also think I was just put in a new bucket recently as well since I received this message...

• You moved from one category of credit users to another as time passed. For example, you may have transitioned from the category "consumers with a new credit history" to the category "consumers with a two- to five-year credit history". As a result, your credit report is evaluated differently, causing a slight change in your score. The good news is that moving between categories like this usually offers you the potential to reach a higher FICO® score in the future.

now to do some christmas shopping!

Message Edited by Alexandria on 12-03-2009 01:47 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
rebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: whoohoo! approved by chase :)

where did you receive that message from?
11/30/2009 TU 676 EQ 665 EX 654 (CU pulled)
5/14/08 TU 660 EQ 676 EX 623
9/5/07 TU 579 EQ 612 EX 546
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

via my fico score history tab. I then clicked on the more info link and this was at the bottom.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EQ for me.

I applied on 11/27 at check out and got the 30-day notice. Received the denial letter yesterday for too many cards with high balances ( overall util @ 35%) and inquiries (7 in 2yrs).

Called for recon and was approved for $5k.  Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

rebuilding wrote:
where did you receive that message from?

That's a classic Score Watch message. Maybe it's even correct!

I got one of those once and was convinced that I'd been re-bucketed due to age. It was more than a year later that I found out that since I had a major delinquency (90 day late) on my reports, I wouldn't be rebucketed until it was gone.

It did help my scores when my age increased, though.

Anyway, congrats on your Amazon! Chase pulled EQ for me as well, a year and a half ago. The inq will show as being made by First USA Bank, just to keep you on your toes.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the heads up hauling!

btw is this card considered a subprime? 

Message 6 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I can't imagine why it would be. It's one of the few affiliate cards still issued by Chase, which is a national bank.

Perfectly good card.

* avoids endless prime vs sub-prime debate yet again * Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 9
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new card issued by Chase.  I've seen LOTS  of complaints about Chase on this board, but I have never had a problem with them.  I've got both a checking and a savings account with them, as well as a MasterCard and a brand new United Visa signature card with them that has a $10,000 limit.  Treat the card well! 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool thanks again hauling!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.