Frequent Contributor
lessismore2014

why can't I get a CC?

FICO scores TU =696 & EQ=689 EX I don't know. I have an old 2007 credit card closed & positive and my mortgage. TU shows 1 pd negative acct from 2005. Why don't I qualify for a card? i tried Lowes, Walmart got the 7-10 days message and I aaplied at Kays cuz my phone# didn't match what is on my CR I got turned down so I tried Jared's got letter message.
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

Re: why can't I get a CC?

mnegron1969 wrote:
FICO scores TU =696 & EQ=689 EX I don't know. I have an old 2007 credit card closed & positive and my mortgage. TU shows 1 pd negative acct from 2005. Why don't I qualify for a card? i tried Lowes, Walmart got the 7-10 days message and I aaplied at Kays cuz my phone# didn't match what is on my CR I got turned down so I tried Jared's got letter message.

Have you tried a secured card? Sometimes, it's getting over the hump of getting the first one that's the most difficult part of building credit with revolving accounts. Secured cards are a great way to get your foot in the door, avoiding the excessive fee cards as well. And, despite what seems to be a well-established fear, "secured cards" (even if they report to your credit report that way) aren't counted with lesser weight.

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Frequent Contributor
lessismore2014

Thank you i will look into that
Senior Contributor
txjohn

Did you recon any of these declined apps?

Sometimes it is merely the need to verify info or to provide something more.

But secured is a good way to get started...go with a CU.

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+