Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why credit cards won't take me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why credit cards won't take me?

I have tried to open credit cards and have not succeded and I don't know why. I don't have any oppened accounts but one and i always have been on time( I have had this only for 7mos.)What can I do to get more credit. I'm self employed.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aftermath
Established Contributor

Re: why credit cards won't take me?

@Anonymous wrote:
I have tried to open credit cards and have not succeded and I don't know why. I don't have any oppened accounts but one and i always have been on time( I have had this only for 7mos.)What can I do to get more credit. I'm self employed.

Have you tried doing a recon after the denials?

Which CCC are you applying to? Prime lenders tend not to take friendly with new credit (less than a year). I would start with a sub-prime starter card such as Capital One or Orchard and build up a solid history so that in about a year, you have a better chance at applying for Prime cards.

Message Edited by aftermath on 06-25-2008 09:56 PM
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 2 of 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Have you pulled your credit report to see what it shows? Maybe there's something on there that's derogatory. You can get your credit report for free at annualcreditreport.com. It won't give you a FICO score, but you'll be able to see what the CRAs have on file for you.

Word of warning: you might be given the opportunity to buy your credit score from these agencies. What they offer is not a true FICO score. It will still be measure of you creditworthiness, but it won't reflect what most CCCs are using to decide whether to offer you credit or not.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the reasons you are given in your denials?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.