cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do people have 2 of the same cards?

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: why do people have 2 of the same cards?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Agreed.  I have two BCP's from Amex and I think we all see the benefit there...

Intersting as that was one I thought you couldn't do!  Was one a PC from another card.

Kinda.  I applied for another BCP and was denied because they said it was a duplicate application so they opened up a Delta Skymiles for me at that time.  I waited a couple of months later and applied for the BCP again and was again declined.  This time, I called EO and explained that I had applied for the 2nd BCP and was denied and Amex had opened up Delta Skymiles for me but my true intention was to have a 2nd BCP.  EO then converted my Delta Skymiles into a 2nd BCP.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 13
Blackbeauty212
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 QS for the fact that my SD Cap One Plat I had converted (after finding out I could do that) to a QS WMC. My QS VS Sig I applied for outright when QS was launched. 

I was contemplating closing my QS WMC during my 2 years of downsizing my portfolio of Cards..  I then found that I could just keep it around to catch all my Auto Bill Pays (parking lease, cable, cell phone, gym membership, etc). It helps me budget by keeping my Bills separate from my Everyday card (QS VS Sig), and I still collect the 1.5 cash back.

Message 12 of 13
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

I was just pondering this... with a 7 year old $1k Platinum-PCed-to-Quicksilver that doesn't want to get a better CL, I'm pondering going for Venture Rewards and a second QS. I never got rewards on the Platinum, and while 1.5% is okay, there's only so much I can do with it for purchases that don't fit categories on Chase/Barclay cards. 

Figured if I'm going to take a triple pull, may as well try for a bit more credit. And the $1k card is kinda good for segmenting things out (auto payments for utilities and such), although a $5k card would be better. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.