cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why is it so hard for some to STAY In the Garden??

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: why is it so hard for some to STAY In the Garden??

Besides the fact that I wouldn't get approved for anything worthwhile, for me and other rebuilders, we're always working on something.  So I constantly have ONE MORE THING i need to wait for to update on my report before I can apply.  I have collections getting deleted for instance.  Or Duncan and his AMEX soft pulls.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 21 of 34
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Jutz. I agree. Case in pt., here is a link to my very first thread. I did my homework and read some on forum and then posted this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Starting-Journey-From-the-bottom-help-request...

I'm celebrating 6 months on this forum and my rebuild.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 34
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

It will be one year tomorrow since I was approved for my BCE.  Before that,  my last app was in 2009.  For me, I don't have a problem with no applying for more credit..  I guess 70 yrs of life teaches you some patience.  I have had my eye on the Harley Davidson Siggy card for the past 3 yrs but have not gone for it yet.  If I keep waiting, I will be too old to ride anymore.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 23 of 34
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

This forum has a ton to do with it. Smiley Tongue

Message 24 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

IMO it's been alot easier staying away from credit card apps while i'm taking a break from the forums evet now and then. My job helps me stay away as well Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 25 of 34
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

IMO it's been alot easier staying away from credit card apps while i'm taking a break from the forums evet now and then. My job helps me stay away as well Smiley Very Happy

my job doesnt! 

i work in a bank so i see cc all day. 

ive limted to leaving all my cards at home/car except a few.

bank card/chase freedom/ zync. 

everything else is sock drawerd. 

people around me still say, your credit is good enough to get an amex and i smile a little inside. 

as for apps. its all about self control. as you can see how many posts i have in the 5 months ive been here ive been pretty active and have apped because of it in the beginning, 

but ive also got ahold of myslef except for this last card. 

i made it for 3 months but then again im sure lots of you wouldnt have turned down a inq free card. 

im in the garden now for the long haul. 

i wont be needing a car anytime soon, or a house, or any cards for that matter. 

apping will be out of the question, but chances are ill be asking for a cli in the future. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 26 of 34
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

it's just fun for some people, for instance people who already bought a house, cars and no big shopping left for a few years, they can app for anything and everything and not worry about their credit loss. If you have the ability ot hit 800+ you can app for anything you want you won't drop below 760. There's reward chaser couples who can take 20k+ per person each year in reward bonuses (it's been done, with loop holes) but realistically $5,000 in rewards a year is not too unheard of if that's all your doing is chasing points. so just a game for some people.

exhibit A from 1 year of cards

Smiley Surprised awesome!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 27 of 34
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

it's just fun for some people, for instance people who already bought a house, cars and no big shopping left for a few years, they can app for anything and everything and not worry about their credit loss. If you have the ability ot hit 800+ you can app for anything you want you won't drop below 760. There's reward chaser couples who can take 20k+ per person each year in reward bonuses (it's been done, with loop holes) but realistically $5,000 in rewards a year is not too unheard of if that's all your doing is chasing points. so just a game for some people.

exhibit A from 1 year of cards

Smiley Surprised awesome!

this stack is between a husband and a wife fyi. 

and those are all cards in their collection not just the ones they use. 

wonder if any of those got closed due to inactivity lol. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 28 of 34
Tran92
Regular Contributor

It's hard because people need to stop bragging about their instant approvals!! Lol jk .. Kinda Smiley Wink
TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 29 of 34
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I brag about my recons Smiley Wink that's where you really show your skills

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.