Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why not to use bottom feeder credit cards

tag
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re: why not to use bottom feeder credit cards

use your banks online bill pay and pay them that way. They wont know your account # and its given to them electronically, nothing to clear.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 11 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@someone379 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@elim wrote:

mailed?   do they allow electronic payment?

+1

Back when my QS1 was still HSBC/Orchard, I quickly learned to always use my bank's bill pay - and to avoid the Orchard bill pay or mailing a payment at all costs.  When you 'push' the payment from your own bank, it prevents them (the card) from doing any 'shenanigans' with the posting.  Smiley Wink

Capital One taking over that account was one of the best things financially that ever happened to me!

I had an Orchard card and never had any issues with payments...

You were fortunate.  Smiley Wink

With me the issue was payment holds... sometimes 10 business days, simply from making large payments.  I never had a problem of any kind to cause them to do that, it was simply 'policy'.  Others on here have told of having similar situations with them (HSBC/Orchard) back then. 

Since it's been Capital One, there's never been a problem, and back when it was still Orchard as long as I 'pushed' my payments, there was never a problem either.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If more than a couple of your other 14+ cards are bank cards (MC, Visa etc not store cards) then I think it's safe to let that piece of trash go even if it's your oldest . It will still report for 10 years after closing. In 10 years, having it disappear from your report will have minimal impact on your credit profile.

Just let it go, it now gives you zero benefit and all of the headache. Cancel it, burn it Smiley Happy

yea the majority are high limits 2k plus SL are visa, master, etc..but they were all gotten this month lol

well we are planning a bonfire....Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

use your banks online bill pay and pay them that way. They wont know your account # and its given to them electronically, nothing to clear.

with capital one i just added my bank info on the app and hit pay bill and it went on the transaction page right away. Thats kinda how i was thinking of doing it with all of them.....Log into the app, look over the bill. hit pay bill, or submit my off payments to decrease UTI, deduct it out of my registry...same concept? i just feel more comfortable with the banks like citi, capital one, usbank, etc. they actually take the time to develope something. some of the bottom feeder websites look like they could be hacked by a 10 year old and were developed by a class of 3rd graders......When i go on them, they look so cheesy, im looking out the window thinking the cops are going to bust in for me being on some shady website....lmbo

Message 14 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

with capital one i just added my bank info on the app and hit pay bill and it went on the transaction page right away. Thats kinda how i was thinking of doing it with all of them.....Log into the app, look over the bill. hit pay bill, or submit my off payments to decrease UTI, deduct it out of my registry...same concept? i just feel more comfortable with the banks like citi, capital one, usbank, etc. they actually take the time to develope something. some of the bottom feeder websites look like they could be hacked by a 10 year old and were developed by a class of 3rd graders......When i go on them, they look so cheesy, im looking out the window thinking the cops are going to bust in for me being on some shady website....lmbo

+1

I feel the same way.  Smiley Happy

That's why I'll trust Capital One, Amex, and Discover with my bank details, but for all the others, I key the account number into my bank's bill pay and let them (my bank) send the payment... that way, the card doesn't get any of my personal info, and if something gets 'hosed' somewhere, I've got my own bank backing me up that the payment was made (although this has never happened - it's always worked quite well).

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.