Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wierd occurances

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

wierd occurances

Pulled my free annual EX CR today, and noticed 2 of my GE/Syncrony accounts were not listed, both are in good standing and have a zero balance, status would be open never late, Walmart store card has had a zero balance since January, and my GE/Amazon store card isn't reporting either, it has had a zero balance since june of this year.  Since between the two its over $8000 in CL not counted in my total UTL kinda sucks. Not to mention one card is over 2 years old and the other is 3 years old, both are older than my current AAoA of 2 years and 2 months. Guess its part of the reason why my EX score is lower than the others. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: wierd occurances

What's weird about it?  Call Sycrony and find out what's up.

Message 2 of 4
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

It is possible that carrying the zero(0) balance for multiple months in a row is causing it. I have found more then one CC that does not report 0 balances to the CRA and or the CRA dosent properly record 0 balances. It is usually on newly open acccounts that dont report 0 balances properly but I have run into it on odd months with my cards.

Message 3 of 4
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

It is possible that carrying the zero(0) balance for multiple months in a row is causing it. I have found more then one CC that does not report 0 balances to the CRA and or the CRA dosent properly record 0 balances. It is usually on newly open acccounts that dont report 0 balances properly but I have run into it on odd months with my cards.

Not likely, My GE/Sycrony Lowes card with a zero balance for the last 2 months as well, and  is reporting correctly. Yes I have a few GE cards. 

a bit of history:

about 5 years ago. I pulled my credit report and found numerous negative accounts listed on my report that I weren't mine. I disputed them, most of them were removed, 2 remained but have since fallen off. I also learned that there is someone in my city with my name same first and last, he  doesn't live anywhere near me. The bad accounts were his. My theory on what is happening now is that my good accounts got linked to this other persons account, and since it does nothing but help his credit report, he is not going to dispute them. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.