Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will amex and discover close my account? colllections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will amex and discover close my account? colllections

I had 4 med colection from 2011 all under $500 a peice, at the beg of january they mysteriously dissapeared. So my credit score jump to over 700, i applied and was approved for the discover it and the american express every day card a few weeks ago. Now the 4 med collections are back and dropped my score back down to the 650 or so mark, will discover and american express now close my accounts? i really hope not since they are my first two real prime cards with decent limits, 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will amex and discover close my account? colllections

@Anonymous wrote:

I had 4 med colection from 2011 all under $500 a peice, at the beg of january they mysteriously dissapeared. So my credit score jump to over 700, i applied and was approved for the discover it and the american express every day card a few weeks ago. Now the 4 med collections are back and dropped my score back down to the 650 or so mark, will discover and american express now close my accounts? i really hope not since they are my first two real prime cards with decent limits, 

Don't think so. Keep a close eye on your accounts though for potential CLD.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hope your right, everything else on my report is good except for my average age of account being only about 6 months, My amex gives a 10,000 point bonus if i spend 1000 in 3 months and i am already close to doing that in the first month, really hate to loose my points

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hope your right, everything else on my report is good except for my average age of account being only about 6 months, My amex gives a 10,000 point bonus if i spend 1000 in 3 months and i am already close to doing that in the first month, really hate to loose my points

I don't worry about it all that much.

AMEX kept me on board through thick and thin for the last 7 years almost while my scores varies from 700's all the way down to mid 500's and back to high 600's again.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thats gives me lots of hope, thanks for the reply

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also suggest you visit the rebuilding forum and ask for assistance in how to deal with the collections.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope they dont get closed.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah me to, But the more i think about it the more it seems unlikely they will

Message 8 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Doubtful that they will close them...  Just treat the accounts right and you should have smooth sailing.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.