cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will any semi decent card look at me?

tag
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Re: will any semi decent card look at me?

+1  Let the low utilization report first.  That will at least help you somewhat.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 11 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:

@OlegWasHere wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:
Wait 3 more months to make 24 months of on-time payments. Then apply for the CC you want and if denied recon. Good luck! Also if you have a citizens bank CC thats means your credit might not be as bad as you think.

i mean it does but it doesn't. 

i am an employee as well.

from what i was told they basically give you it. i mean idk what my score was before apping for 4 cards. but yeah. 

before that chase denied me 2 times in the past 2 years. citi did too. 

well if your an employee it might be easier. i was pre-approved for their cashback while opening a savings account and the lady helping looked so surprised that i was pre-approved and told me that citizensbank is very conservative when it comes to their cards.

thats what i was told as well. (woman comes into the bank and asks if her son could apply and even though we have a sales goal she said he probably wouldnt get it and didnt want him to waste the inquriy) 

do you mind me asking what limit they gave you? 

they gave me 500 and thats how i think i got the chase freedom (1 month later) 

as for op. yes wait till balances report lower to optimize your score. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 12 of 18
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@olegwashere i was also told not to waste an inquiry when i tried to apply when i was 18. I was approved for 1100.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 13 of 18
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
Wait 3 more months to make 24 months of on-time payments. Then apply for the CC you want and if denied recon. Good luck! Also if you have a citizens bank CC thats means your credit might not be as bad as you think.

I am in no rush here! lol I would never app for anything with my cards at 96%

So Im safe to app for kays when util drops, and then I should wait three months for all of my lates to hit the  two year mark? what kind of cards should I apply for by then, assuming myfico is half accurate and im in the 680 range? I also dont want to waste an inquiry, but I already have 2 cards with a $500 limit so I dont want to add another unless there is potential for that to grow.

@OlegWasHere: I was told after one year of employment you get the card, regardless of your credit score. which has to be true, because my score was around 560 when I applied. they gave me a $500 limit, and my co-worker had the same issues and got a $500 limit as well.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 14 of 18
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

So Im safe to app for kays when util drops, and then I should wait three months for all of my lates to hit the  two year mark? what kind of cards should I apply for by then, assuming myfico is half accurate and im in the 680 range? I also dont want to waste an inquiry, but I already have 2 cards with a $500 limit so I dont want to add another unless there is potential for that to grow.

@OlegWasHere: I was told after one year of employment you get the card, regardless of your credit score. which has to be true, because my score was around 560 when I applied. they gave me a $500 limit, and my co-worker had the same issues and got a $500 limit as well.

cough no use guessing.  Simulator is not really accurate when it comes to predicting util effects on score?  Just come back to forum with new score and let's handle it then.  Not sure why ou want Kay card as probably qualify for others.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 15 of 18
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

@jsickz32 wrote:

cough no use guessing.  Simulator is not really accurate when it comes to predicting util effects on score?  Just come back to forum with new score and let's handle it then.  Not sure why ou want Kay card as probably qualify for others.

Yeah, its always been in the range they give (for me) but usually on the low end of that range. I want the kay card because I want to get out of the $500 limit cards and Im proposing Oct. 5th Smiley Happy added bonus

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 16 of 18
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@jsickz32  well idk my scores were in the 670's and got 500 limit. 

@jcstarkey8826 yeah i worked with the company for 2 weeks and got approved. 

thats when i got into the whole checking fico scores and such. 

but i also had 1year 8 months with best buy 1yr 6 months with macys and 7 months with kohls. 

only got 500 limit. not too worried though since i dont spend more then i can afford. 

im not sure what you have to do to get out of toy limit hell, but honestly not worried about it. 

and btw congrats and good luck on the proposal!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 17 of 18
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

toy limit is just annoying for me because I would like to use my credit card for all of my bills and spending.... then pay it off with my payroll once per month. I make $500 more per month than I spend with just my base salary, the commission is just savings usually. If I could get in the 1.5k to 2k range on a card I'd be set. I know its a long road to get there and Im in no rush, until then Ill keep paying $400 or so every week to keep getting rewards, but it will be a glorious day for me when I qualify for a higher limit card Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.