cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will capone prequalify if you've opened a card with them in the past 6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will capone prequalify if you've opened a card with them in the past 6 months?

From the forum I understand that capitalone will not issue you a new card if you've opened another card with them in the previous 6 months.

My situation is this: In april I got a secured card, and since then my score has risen about 100 points on all three bureaus and so the capone prequalify site is showing me prequalified for both a QuickSilver One card and a standard Platinum. I'm rebuilding and so sensitive to my age of accounts which is short right now so want to get some cards I can keep long term and I don't want to wait another 6-7 months and hope that the capone secured graduates so I'm interested in getting an unsecured card as soon as I can.

If the prequal site is listing me as prequalified does that mean I'm ok to apply and the 6 month capone rule does not apply here?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will capone prequalify if you've opened a card with them in the past 6 months?

You will need to wait the full 6 months. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will capone prequalify if you've opened a card with them in the past 6 months?

If you don't wait the full 6 months it'll likely auto-deny saying you recently opened a card in the denial letter.  It probably would be a soft pull denial but I would just wait, personally.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @michikade and @justagirl73... I'll wait... it won't be too much longer.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.