Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will chase freedom grow with me

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

will chase freedom grow with me

So I just got my first prime card,the freedom, but I got a small starting CL of 600. That's actually my highest limit card. I have 3 other cap1 cards with the lowest limits possible(all 300) THEY REFUSE to CLI. I think my freedom came with that limit BC I had alot of INQS on EQ but they RECON. With EX which only had 3 INQS and a 690 score. So I'm just wondering if I push alot of money through this card $1600+ a month, making several payments a month, will they raise my limit without me having to take a HP every single time??. I really wanna start getting high limit cards and rid myself of these crappy low limit cards?

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
laboi_22
Established Contributor

Re: will chase freedom grow with me

Don't hold your breath. Chase is known for growing with people, but VERY SLOWLY. You probably won't get auto CLIs (at least not as fast you as think) maybe after years of pushing that kind of money through. All customer initiated requests are HP. Good luck.

Not to be the barer of bad news, but I would have picked another prime lender to grow with. GERCB is a great CLI company with SP and you can get a Visa version. Also BofA and Citi are great when it comes to growth.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 2 of 23
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I was approved with a $200 limit in 2007.  It never grew. I kept the account open for 1.5 yrs. I closed it.  Re-applied in 2012, approved for 5k on Chase Amazon Visa.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 23
FrugalRican
Blogger

Not really.

Usually CLI's are customer initiated and require a HP. There are those who have experienced the awesomeness of getting one with just a SP by calling the executive line, but those examples are few.

It does get you a foot in with what could eventually be a CSP for you, but at least you got the Freedom.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 23
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Not really.

Usually CLI's are customer initiated and require a HP. There are those who have experienced the awesomeness of getting one with just a SP by calling the executive line, but those examples are few.

It does get you a foot in with what could eventually be a CSP for you, but at least you got the Freedom.

Agreed. Auto CLIs are almost non-existant as far as I've gathered.

Though, I am an example of big SP CLI by calling the executive office. Went from $750 to $4000. Though, many things did happen between those 2 CLs that may have helped me and I had to work it through.

But in general, it's hard for it to grow unless you're proactive about it.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Dang I didn't know it would be that difficult, but yea Id definitely be pro_active with BC I desperatly need higher limits. SWIFTONE would you mind giving me that number to executive office so I can be prepared? Thanks for all of you guys replies

Message 6 of 23
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

Not really.

Agreed. Auto CLIs are almost non-existant as far as I've gathered.

Though, I am an example of big SP CLI by calling the executive office. Went from $750 to $4000. Though, many things did happen between those 2 CLs that may have helped me and I had to work it through.

But in general, it's hard for it to grow unless you're proactive about it.

Hi Swifttone -

Out of curiosity, how did you manage to get that large of a cli with Chase without a hp? Also, how long did you have your card before requesting the cli?

Thanks,

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 7 of 23
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@gettnthere wrote:
Dang I didn't know it would be that difficult, but yea Id definitely be pro_active with BC I desperatly need higher limits. SWIFTONE would you mind giving me that number to executive office so I can be prepared? Thanks for all of you guys replies

It's posted in the sticked thread on the first page:

Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

But you need to know that one reason I think they CLIed me is because betwen $750 and $4000, I had gotten approved for Discover More for $3500. I also opened a Chase checking account with them.

If you call the executive office, I'd note  who you talked to for future reference. I've always talked to the same rep. It helps to build a relationship You can try calling the number for credit analyst first.

Good luck

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 8 of 23
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Thanks for that quick reply SWIFTONE and for sharing that info, ill def. Be taking your advice. None of the limits on my cards are that high but I just did get a personal loan for 5k through my credit union. Do u think I could use that for leverage, even tho it isn't a CC LIMIT?

Message 9 of 23
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gettnthere wrote:
So I just got my first prime card,the freedom, but I got a small starting CL of 600. That's actually my highest limit card. I have 3 other cap1 cards with the lowest limits possible(all 300) THEY REFUSE to CLI. I think my freedom came with that limit BC I had alot of INQS on EQ but they RECON. With EX which only had 3 INQS and a 690 score. So I'm just wondering if I push alot of money through this card $1600+ a month, making several payments a month, will they raise my limit without me having to take a HP every single time??. I really wanna start getting high limit cards and rid myself of these crappy low limit cards?

Secured card, CI/USAA/NFCU or any other card which you can easily add to your limit on a deposit.  Also HP's aren't nearly as bad as folks make them out to be on this forum, but then again we tend to apply for a lot more credit products than the norm so...

Anyway, Chase doubled the limit of any of your other cards, that's not a cause for complaint honestly; Freedom now has a huge range of variation in limits and underwriting criteria between the entry level (which you got, or maybe I will get if I get approved at all) and the high end towards their Visa Sig Freedom specifically.  Appears as though instead of introducing a new product, Chase decided to simply drop the underwriting requirements for the Freedom into the sub-prime territory, and impose sub-prime limits as a result to minimize their exposure.

Not that I mind, getting in with Chase is absolutely a good thing for later and I'd be tickled pink with a baby $500 even Freedom card right now for future benefits.  

        
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.